[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this... is the power... of... windows... whoa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1.png (7 KB, 754x184) Image search: [Google]
1.png
7 KB, 754x184
So this... is the power... of... windows... whoa
>>
Windows updates always seem to require a restart for some reason.
>>
>>55142834
Why is that even bad, it's not like you have to restart immediately. If you just turn off your computer at night like you should you ,don't notice any updates ever, they just werk and stay completely out of sight.
>>
>>55142914
Depends on the update, many of them break some function forcing you to restart.
>>
>>55142914
It's likely completely unnecessary in most cases and if you have to manage a dozen or more computers it's annoying and causes downtime.
>>
>>55142934
What? I've had win 10 since the beta and not a single update have ever forced me to restart.

>>55142935
>if you manage a dozen or more computers it's annoying and causes downtime.
Sounds like you're talking about servers. Newsflash: windows 10 is a consumer OS.
>>
>>55142975
>Sounds like you're talking about servers.
I guess libraries and other places with public computers don't exist.
>>
>>55143004
Again, they should be turned off during the night.
>>
this update killed my uptime i had 200 days
>>
>>55143034
And then in the morning windows 10 installs itself and restarts and then installs 300 updates
>>
>>55143070
and then restarts again. I forgot that part
>>
>>55143044
holy moly how? so no reboot and shutdown at all?
>>
>>55143089
Oh and then adobe flash has a problem that requires a new windows update better restart again.
>>
>>55143070
If they turn off and every night updates won't accumulate and they won't notice any significant delays at startup or shutdown.
And installing win 10 is something they should have done manually ages ago for security so no surprises there either.
>>
>>55143278
>And installing win 10 is something they should have done manually ages ago for security so no surprises there either.
Windows 7 and 8.1 are still under support. Not all places can afford to upgrade immediately. Some places might have software that requires the older version of windows, or might have polices that prevent frequent updates outside of scheduled times, or windows 10 might not be compatible with their hardware.

I see you're not familiar with awfulness of windows update either. After you install any version of windows you can spend hours installing and restarting just to catch it up to the most "current" version". What's strange is supposedly NT is a hybrid/micro kernel. Complete restarts should only be necessary for things that run in the kernel space, so why exactly does flash require a restart? I'm hoping it's not actually running in kernel space and Microsoft is just incompetent.
>>
>Windows now installs Flash malware by default
What the flying fuck!
>>
>>55143525
Why are you so surprised that a trojan horse installs malware?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.