[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, the "Australian internet is retarded" meme. I work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.jpg (202 KB, 1280x1231) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
202 KB, 1280x1231
So, the "Australian internet is retarded" meme. I work in a tech segment of a large Australian ISP and I spend all day dealing with wholesaler bullshit. Ask me anything about why we wish we had Fios lag
>>
>>55139502
Just paste the most retarded thing you've seen.
>>
>>55139537
Couldn't find the email without hunting for ages, but basically a customer had low speed and dropouts after rain.

Telstra (the owner of all infrastructure) had a shitty joint between cables that they knew about, so to protect it from moisture a technician put a plastic bag over it.

Every time it rained, the bag would fill with water and fall off of the overhead pole, so the customer would report a fault, and the wholesale tech would go out to fix it by adding a new plastic bag...
>>
How much shitposting do you deal with?
>>
>55139698
Holy shit, I refuse to believe that's true.
>>
>>55139712
I changed departments specifically to avoid the shitposting
>>
That reminds me, I need to ring up to get changed over to the NBN.

TPG rang me up a couple months ago and asked me if I wanted to, I said yeah, then... Nothing.

I'm guessing they've forgotten about me.

Maybe I should email instead...
>>
>>55139502
>he's using outlook
wew wew wew
>>
>>55139755
Do it, assuming you have an NBN NTD installed it's literally a sub-5-min activation process. If it's FTTN then it's less straightforward, because NBNco offshored their wholesale support for that and everyone there is retarded.
>>
>>55139776
Company policy. Our build of Firefox hits 1GB on a 3-4GB machine of RAM after a week of use...
>>
>>55139803
I'm pretty damn sure it's FTTN, because the work was completed only a few months ago.
>>
>>55139698
kek, that's pajeet-tier
>>
>>55139864
If you have an NBN-owned box on the inside of your house with UNI-D/UNI-V ports then it's FTTH. If you have a random phone socket on your wall, it's FTTN.

If it's FTTN and you have a fault, enjoy Indian idiots delaying your issue for weeks as we argue with them.
>>
>>55139698
LMFAO
>>
File: 1466161484999s.jpg (3 KB, 120x125) Image search: [Google]
1466161484999s.jpg
3 KB, 120x125
>>55139803

I have FTTP. Took NBN and Telstra two months just to get my connection working.

I would call Telstra, they would say it's NBN's problem. I would call NBN. they would say it's Telstra's problem.

Eventually NBN sent out a technician and replaced the box and it still wouldn't work. Telstra done "tests" and said it's definitely NBN's problem and the box is faulty. NBN replaced the box inside and outside along with all the wiring. Still wouldn't work. I called up iPrimus (found some discount code thing in a newspaper for them) and they got it connected up on day 1. Then I had Telstra calling and harassing me trying to tell me that I cannot do that and that they "own all 5 ports on my NBN box", I asked them to disconnect from me and they said they would but they never done it. I've called thousands of times about them sending me monthly bills because they won't disconnect from my NBN box. I even had to change my bank account since Telstra kept trying to withdraw the funds from my bank account. Then out of the blue Telstra sent me an $8,000 bill for "Installing NBN FTTP" at my house, even though I actually paid for this already when the house was built at a price of $4,200 or something in which NBN installed themselves. Contacted consumers/ombudsman and they've sent letters but Telstra denies it even though I am able to call Telstras number and with my information they can bring up an account with me owing an absurd amount like some $40,000 for bills/work done at my residents.
>>
How often do your technicians end up in fistfights with kangaroos when they go out fixing the cables, bogan cunt?
>>
>>55139983
Just keep going with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman. If they reject your Level 1 case, just keep going to Level 2 and beyond. Every case costs an ISP several hundred dollars,even if they win. A Level 2 case goes to a conciliation officer who will review your case separate from the ISP and makes binding rulings.
>>
>>55139996
Kangaroos, not specifically, but there is an official wholesale code for Plant/Pest entered equipment.
>>
I'd rather have your service then these Frontier cunts that bought out the FiOS in my area. Used to have 1ms ping, now even routes can lag up to 10 seconds
>>
>>55140141
. . .I seriously doubt you'd rather have our average Internet connection.

Aside from the speeds, being on the other side of the world to the rest of civilisation, we can have some pretty horrible pings.
>>
>>55140199
Yep, if you're lucky you'll get 60ms to an Aussie server. Otherwise, 220ms to a populated server.
>>
>>55140199
True. Just trying to vent. I should have my network guys at work call and bitch at these Frontier fucks until they put me through a better route path. I must be going thru some budget pajeet-tier shit right now.
>>
>>55139502
>Australian internet is retarded
yes.

I pay $80 dosh a month for adsl2+ and get 8MB down / 0.8MB up
>>
>>55140268
RIP - you've probably got a 2.5-3KM copper line (assuming your ISP isn't shit). At least your're not on a Telstra RIM and arbitrarily locked to 8000/384 Kbit)
>>
>>55139698
Please tell me this isn't based in Western australia, I sound like i was on the receiving end of this.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.