[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So are they gonna keep pestering me with this until it downloads?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Windows10_1_800_thumb800.jpg (28 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Windows10_1_800_thumb800.jpg
28 KB, 800x450
So are they gonna keep pestering me with this until it downloads? Today it popped up and wanted a scheduled update, cancelled it. I have a bad feeling that the cancel button will soon be unavailable. Is this even legal?
>>
>>55138838
It already is downloaded if you get the popups. It downloads in the background.
>>
>>55138838
win8 is supported til 2020
>>
>>55138838
Honestly, it's no where near as bad as you fuckwits are making out.
>>
>>55138838
if they give enterprise for free I might look into completely block m$ and after install their crap
>>
There is a program called Never10 that will prevent Windows 10 from installing. Get that OP.
>>
>>55138922
I upgraded from win8 to 10. It really was a horrible experience. After a few days my sound would just disappear at random occasions forcing me to restart audiosrv every 5 minutes. Next thing happening was that the start menu would stop working. Just when i fixed that the whole explorer fucked up. So yeah.... windows 10 is dead for me
>>
File: fkmicrosoft.png (30 KB, 764x484) Image search: [Google]
fkmicrosoft.png
30 KB, 764x484
fck micro$oft
>>
>>55138838
heh git cuck'd faggo lmao u r such a fug'n cuck kek kek kek
>>
>>
Should I really just stick with 8.1 guys? What good new features from 10 am I missing?
>>
>>55139907
Nothing
>>
>>55139907
you are missing spyware
>>
>>55139907
You should stick with 7, or better yet switch to an OS that isn't garbage
>>
>>55139907
W10 Enterprise is by far the fastest Wangblows I've used so far.

And it's still ton slower than *buntus I've used
>>
>>55138838
Install gentoo
>>
>>55139907
I've been tempted to "upgrade as well" but even with ignoring all the huge downsides there aren't many benefits

Getting something for "free"
"""Support Priority"""
and DX12 which will take a while to even be common and even longer to become required

The last point is the only one that interests me and it definitely isn't worth all the negatives of Win10
>>
>>55138922
Problem is some older hardware lack win10 drivers but the update goes through anyway.
Had that on my moms old Dell laptop, win10 runs but with no wifi, no touchpad and only in potato resolution.
>>
>>55139907
It's faster. It has better high DPI support.
Cons
A lot of dumb privacy settings you should disable. There's also this diagnostics or something shit that you can't fully disable.
>>
File: Capture.png (3 KB, 109x45) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3 KB, 109x45
>>55138838
>being too stupid to uninstall the updates
Holy shit, get off /g/
>>
http://jsbin.com/xokuxazuze
>>
>>55138922
>>55139949
>>55140656
>freshly installed windows is faster than one installed 4 years ago
I wonder why
>>
>>55138838
You only get this if you install optional updates, stop fucking installing optional upgrades unless you need a specific upgrade to fix something.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.