[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will any wired USB mouse/keyboard work with a Thinkpad T420 using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1361764472440.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1361764472440.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
Will any wired USB mouse/keyboard work with a Thinkpad T420 using Debian?
>>
what reason would lead you to believe they wouldn't?
I would assume only special gaymen ones might not work out of the box, at least with all their features.
>>
>>55135241
well, Amazon has a filter for "platform support" and allows you to select from Windows/Mac/Linux, so I just wanted to be sure. also, any recommendations as far as <$50 mice/keyboards go?
>>
>>55135251
>"platform support"
this is a normie kind of thing
>recommendations as far as <$50 mice/keyboards go?
$50 will get you a pretty good mouse without any fancy features
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HGKQ6VY/
$50 won't get you a decent mechanical keyboard unless it's on sale
check massdrop
>>
>>55135236
>Debian
>>
>>55135236
Barely any brand lists "Linux support" on their products, but Linux will work with most hardware out of the box.

Peripherals such as mice and keyboards, especially the generic <50$ ones, will work without any issues.

If you were to go for some, let's say, Razer products or something else that requires specialized drivers, then you'd have to check it on a device-by-device basis. Some work, some have limited functionality (so no macro/extra buttons), some have drivers developed by the community.

TL;DR, you've got nothing to worry about.
>>
>>55135236
No. Linux requires you compile drivers for each and every keyboard/mouse you use, so you have to make sure that the keyboard in question has a driver. Its just security to protect against malicious USB devices like keyloggers.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.