[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/DTT/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: 1436132746856.jpg (2 MB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
1436132746856.jpg
2 MB, 1698x1131
/Daily Technology Thread/

Hello /g/!

I've seen this thread pop up awhile ago, and I think it's time we brought it back. This thread should be used for broadening you're understanding of a specific part of technology. Weather it be how you could start writing a z80 emulator to actually physically making one out of the transistors and buttons you have lying around!

What should we do to start the topic off?
>>
>>55135143
>What should we do to start the topic off?
How about someone explains me the reason behind that zigzag in the traces in your picture.
>>
>>55135153
If you mean why they're "avoiding" each of the lines, my guess is to stop data interference thus reducing the need for re-sending the data speeding up the process as a whole.
>>
File: fuck g..png (2 MB, 2008x3071) Image search: [Google]
fuck g..png
2 MB, 2008x3071
oh great another shit general to add to my filter
>>
Fuck these shit threads, I'm only here for BTFO threads and people asking for tech support

Sage
>>
File: 1461718462494.gif (294 KB, 328x263) Image search: [Google]
1461718462494.gif
294 KB, 328x263
>>55135165
No, I mean not all of them are curved to avoid other lines, the main one below that square pad could take a straighter path but it zigzags instead.

I´ve read somewhere it is a way to delay the signal but afaik the signal arrives instantly since this is not light or a wave, the instant the electrons are pushed on one side is the instant the last electrons are pushed too, theres no delay.
>>
>>55135359
It depends really, path length changes the way this shit works if it uses high frequencies. It could also be a differential path.
>>
File: 1455765056638.png (143 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1455765056638.png
143 KB, 500x500
>>55135359
>signal arrives instantly since this is not light or a wave, the instant the electrons are pushed on one side is the instant the last electrons are pushed too, theres no delay.

That would literally break the known laws of physics.

No known signal can exceed 3*10^8 m/s.

High speed buses transmit so quickly that you must insure correct timings of your signals or else you will have transmission errors. In order to achieve that you ensure the traces have equal length, thus the signal will take an equal amount of time to travel. That way your device will receive multiple bits simultaneously in correct synchronization. A common application which will require this kind of precision is DDR memory.

It is also good practice have differential traces with the same length, but that isn't always critical.
>>
>>55135702
inb4 someone else corrects me - what I meant is that we currently haven't achieved superluminal communication. Maybe quantum entanglement or some other method will enable this someday, but for now we have our speed limit.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.