[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best python IDE?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: Python_logo.png (76 KB, 1890x800) Image search: [Google]
Python_logo.png
76 KB, 1890x800
What's the best python IDE?
>>
>>55134836
>IDE
Just use notepad, nerd.
>>
the inside of your mom's asshole
>>
Pycharm or visual studio
>>
>>55134836
Microsoft Word.

Save all files as...
>muhProgramming.py

make sure to add the following at the very last line of your program so that CMD does not close...

>input("Press ENTER to exit.")

open with CMD\

done

OP = ("Faggot")
print(OP)
>>
>>55134836
Canopy :^)
>>
>>55134836
Vim
>>
>>55134948
>>print(OP)

>Python 3
>>
Actually it's >Visual Studio
>>
>>55134836
Pycharm
>>
>>55135244
>>55135179

These two are the best available OP >>55134836
>>
>>55134836
Pycharm by miles

After using it, I'm considering switching other languages to intellij
>>
>>55135272
>intellij
I mean jetbrains products
>>
IDLE
>>
Vim
>>
Visual Studio Code is pretty nice for debugging and it's not resource heavy like full Visual Studio.
>>
>>55135451
Does Code have some IDE-like capabilities? I thought it was just a more or less basic text editor.
>>
>>55135552
This is secondhand because I've never personally used it, but I was told by the guy I work with that it has an embedded terminal/command prompt and very basic git integration.
>>
I've always used pycharm。It does the job well, and i've had not complaints so far with it. I don't know tho, senpai; use what you want. a lot of people are on the hype train about not using an IDE and just going with vim or something. I looked into that but was too lazy because i only program in my free time as a hobby and not for work.
>>
File: 1388562866514.jpg (108 KB, 788x444) Image search: [Google]
1388562866514.jpg
108 KB, 788x444
>using IDE for python
>>
Pycharm because I use Django, and it has plugins for everything I use:
- Database view for quick querying
- in-built Django support
- build configurations for automation tools
- run configurations for doing shit like migrate, makemigrations, shell, runserver, quickly
- vagrant
- git
- ssh
- markdown and sphinx
- smart introspection (it has to be smart for a dynamic language)
- BDD with behave
- front-end support (typescript, bootstrap, etc)
and some other things. Honestly I couldn't imagine being as productive without it
>>
i like jetbrains (pycharm) since the auto-complete will sort itself based on which completions you use most.
also if you want you can annotate params
"""
@type var_name typename
"""
to get intellisense for them
>>
>>55134836
vim
>>
(((Codelite)))
>>
>>55135142
>not using print as a function even in python2
just werks
>>
>>55135552
You can download extensions for your language of choice and use it as an IDE. I'm mostly using it for .NET Core or some basic Python debugging and it's pretty comfy.
>>
I use Pycharm as well.
>>
emacs
>>
LiClipse
>>
>>55134836
I don't know Python, but probably something by JetBrains. They have the best IDE for every other language and they're all basically the same.
>>
>>55136651

To add on this, Spacemacs is amazing
>>
why do jetbrains have a separate, paid IDE for every language?
>>
>>55137459
Create new project in Visual Studio. Select a template from these 5000 choices.
>>
Does any ide have a buildin gui toolkit like virual studio?
>>
>>55137431
>vim cancer integrated
Nope.
>>
>>55134948
>OP is "Faggot"
True
>>
>>55137459
They don't really. You can get one (and they give them away for free very easily) and then just download a plugin for other languages.
>>
>>55134836

Spyder. Don't listen to memers.
>>
File: atom.png (179 KB, 597x271) Image search: [Google]
atom.png
179 KB, 597x271
>>55134836
emacs you nigger
>>
Pycharm and vim
>>
>>55134836
dont waste your time with that shit. if you have linux use vi or gedit if your on windows dont, just dont.
>>
>>55135272
I use Intellij IDEA Ultimate for basically everything. The plugins are sometimes a tiny bit behind the individual IDEs but it's rarely noticeable.
>>
>>55135594
I made the same face as the one in the blue when I saw the transvestite in the black.

It's a real shame we allow people that ugly out in public.
>>
DrPython :)
>>
>>55141998
Did they finally add a plugin for C/C++? Last I knew they only had that available with the standalone IDE.
>>
>>55144378
C, C++, Objective-C and Swift aren't plugins yet so if you need those you need CLion or AppCode.
>>
File: happysnake1.jpg (38 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
happysnake1.jpg
38 KB, 450x338
Pycharm is eggs-celent
>>
>using an IDE for a scripting language
>not using emacs for everything
>>
>>55145313
>scripting language
>emacs

wew lad tone down the autism
>>
anime
>>
>>55134836
Netbeans has a good plugin for python
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.