[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long do you think it would take to get proficient (as in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 24306317.gif (1017 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
24306317.gif
1017 KB, 200x200
How long do you think it would take to get proficient (as in comfortable as a power user and basic trouble shooting ability) with osx, linux and android? I would just need hardware for osx and a cheap android phone

Just so I can have a functional understanding of every platform so I can laugh at goobers that cling to one and only one
>>
>>55132709
A couple months, maybe. End user shit maybe a week.
>>
>>55132709
a couple days. modern operating systems are so alike and easy to google for that any problem can be solved easily.

that said, os x is the best operating system in this world unless you're a freetard or gaymer
>>
>>55132709
You really need to daily drive each, and spend the time bugsquashing and maintaining as needed to keep it stable. This is true of any OS. You can learn the broad concepts but applying them over time is the only thing that will make you proficient.

I would recommend going and working somewhere with a BYOD policy. I have had everything from ipaqs to first gen macbooks come across my current desk (the ipaq was only last year and may have been trolls trollin'), but there's not much I don't know about a lot of different shit as a result.
>>
>>55132709
This is a stupid goal.

Generalists make nothing.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.