[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi fellas, how does Tor work? Can I browse internet, for example
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Tor-logo-2011-flat-svg.png (79 KB, 1280x774) Image search: [Google]
Tor-logo-2011-flat-svg.png
79 KB, 1280x774
Hi fellas, how does Tor work? Can I browse internet, for example (wikipedia/4chan and whatnot) without any problems, yet anonymously?
>>
>>55129089
You can lookup Tor on wikipedia, with proxy enabled to anonymously fuck off.
>>
I'm pretty you're not allowed to post on 4chan from Tor. Tor works well with TAILS if you want to get the most out of it. Mostly because of all the tools that come along with TAILS. You can assume relative anonymity with TOR.
>>
It doesn't make sense to use Tor unless you're doing something shady. For general web browsing, it's completely unnecessary unless you live in a communist state.
>>
I setup firefox to route all my shit through the unholy onion for one day and it was fucking terrible. Almost no regular websites would work for me, but I suppose it depends on what you consider regular.

>>55129130
This desu famalamadingdong
>>
>>55129089
Think "pass the parcel" with packets. Onion routing wraps things in various layers, and passes them on to another peer, each peer stripping off a layer and forwarding it on as instructed.

You'll probably find that you can't post here from a Tor outproxy, and you may also find that some sites - especially those hosted via CloudFlare - make you solve CAPTCHAs to view the sites.

Hard CAPTCHAs. We're talking the store-front ones and the house-number ones.
>>
>>55129089
Hello, FBI!
>>
>>55129159
Sup, NASA?
>>
Wikipedia works fine. 4Chad uses ShitFlare that gives you a bunch of captchas all the time, and you can't even post text. For the most part, general browsing is fine, though.
>>
>>55129159
>>55129177
I'm CIA
>>
File: bad-things.png (48 KB, 256x276) Image search: [Google]
bad-things.png
48 KB, 256x276
I use Tor to make profiles on a (mainly furry) role-playing site using pictures of guys that I've stolen off of Instagram. I go full tinfoil with it (tails and everything) and it's fun to do what you want without repercussions.
>>
https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes for maximum 7 proxy tier anonymity
>>
File: lel2.jpg (60 KB, 655x887) Image search: [Google]
lel2.jpg
60 KB, 655x887
>>55132349
>>
>>55129159
>>
File: 4L_hExyWn3X.jpg (4 MB, 1800x1770) Image search: [Google]
4L_hExyWn3X.jpg
4 MB, 1800x1770
>>55131426
I'm FBI
Female Body Inspector :^)
>>
>>55131426
Uh, you don't get to bring friends...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.