[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smart tv
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 960x540
Just bought a smarttv, did i fall for the meme?
>>
>>55128934
Only if you use the integrated software

Why do they even bother putting hdmi inputs on smart tv's?
>>
Unless the TV can play video files shared over a network (Linux or windows), it's a retarded TV.
>>
shitty laggy UI
spyware
apps are actually trash, tons of garbage

a dumb tv + chromecast or roku work 100% better
>>
>>55128934
Yes, you did. Could have saved a fuckton of money just by buying a Chromecast or Fire TV stick.
>>
>>55129294

You shouldn't connect your smart tv to a network ever.
>>
>>55130061
You should be able to. I'm not saying you should do it, just that to call something smart when it lacks such basic functionality is quite moronic.
>>
Which model? I recently bought a 4K TV (more for the TV part then the smart features) that had Android TV pre-installed, and it has been surprisingly great.
>>
>>55130061
Dumbfag here. Why?
>>
>>55128934
did you read their tos? you now should be careful of what you say in front of it.
>>
I bought a smart TV because there aren't any "dumb tvs" in the market anymore. Just never connect it to the internet and just ignore whatever shovelware is installed by default.
>>
>>55128934
Why not just hook up a raspberry pi with kodi?
>>
I have a dumb TV attached to a Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV. Does everything I need.
>>
Just get a normal TV and get an android box for it.
>>
>>55130179
Good luck seeing that kept up to date vs set top boxes like Nexus Player and Shield TV.
>>
>>55132083
Eh, the TV has Chromecast built in as well as my PS4 and PC hooked up, so I am good for awhile.

Honestly, the smart TV part isn't even why I bought it, but it is nice to have.
>>
>>55130217
"In addition to transmitting a list of shows being watched and the names of files contained on USB drives, the Internet-connected TV also sent the names of files shared on home or office networks"
http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/11/lg-smart-tv-snooping-extends-to-home-networks-second-blogger-says/
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.