[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
John McAfee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: McAfee-Main-739x4201.jpg (51 KB, 739x420) Image search: [Google]
McAfee-Main-739x4201.jpg
51 KB, 739x420
I don't know if /g/ has been paying attention to the news of John taking over a new company but I've been very interested.

I wanna know where he could be going with this company (MGT). He's hired several different teams of board of advisors as follows:

Cryptocurrency advisory board:
> Roger Ver - "bitcoin jesus"
> Erik Vorhees - shapeshift.io
> Bruce Fenton - btc foundation

Hacker Advisory Board:
>Alexander Heid - hackmiami
>Chris Roberts - hacked that airplane few years ago
>Bryce Case - defaced several webpages including NASA

Military/Government Advisory Board:
>Steve Orenberg - ex-kapersky president

And added Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari, to the board of directors. He's also hired Eijah, founder of demonsaw and lead developer of GTA/rockstar games, to be the CTO.

I know JM is said to be a nutcase as well as 95% promotion/ 5% talent, but this seems like a pretty good team.

Would anyone have any idea what product they're developing? Such a big team for just one software seems too small. I think it will be bigger than that.

There's also some evidence to point to him being Satoshi Nakamoto, creator of bitcoin:
>creation of bitcoin was around the time his fortune disappeared
>satoshi left mid 2010-2011, when JM started getting in trouble by Belize government
>satoshi nakamoto means wise middle origin, possibly a reference to the Mayans who were from Belize
>Satoshi resided in UTC-5:00 or UTC-6:00 timezone, which is central america
>JM has formed this company when a currency/cyber war is about to start.
>easily brought in a team together of pioneers in bitcoin, who would have no reason to join

I'm just looking for some thoughts and feedback on what product he's building. Any ideas?
>>
>>55127795
probably some shitty security software that goes nowhere
>>
>>55127874
>that goes nowhere

Shit nigga McAfee don't give a fuck if it's the biggest pile of shit of all time.
>>
>>55127903
>>55127874
I figured that, but why would his team buy into his vision?

They're mostly young. Why waste good years on a shitty idea?
>>
>>55127935
because hes paying good?
>>
>>55127993
The company only has like 300k
>>
>>55127795
>Satoshi resided in UTC-5:00 or UTC-6:00 timezone, which is central america
Are you retarded?
>>
>>55128066
please, do you think they all work for free when they could be making big bucks?
>>
File: 1460451670370.jpg (321 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1460451670370.jpg
321 KB, 960x1280
Oh shit! Ytcracker is working for John now? Damn...
>>
>>55127795
He's paranoid and crazy and brilliant.
>>
>>55128088
It's on satoshi nakamotos wikipedia page under characteristics. I also asked him on twitter and he deleted a certain part of the convo with him in his DMs. He would not let go of the fact that Satoshi is clearly japanese, a name usually given to baby boys which means clever, quick-witted, wise. Satoshi never gave out information because he did not want to be social engineered, which John is a big advocate for. I told him that and he never ended up responding.

>>55128171
Many run their own companies and are already wealthy. Even so, why would he need to form such big teams with different advisory boards?
>>
>>55128212
Lol is that a good thing? I've never heard of him before
>>
Bump

Would like some more input into this if possible
>>
ITT: JM asks for ideas as to what he can do with his newly formed team.
>>
>>55129974
Create a new crypto currency that is less susceptible to being hijacked by a few people with massive mining farms ie, mining returns scale badly, mining is only profitable on a small scale.
>>
>>55127795
>Would anyone have any idea what product they're developing? Such a big team for just one software seems too small. I think it will be bigger than that.
who cares, probably something like mcafee or kapersky anti-virus with bitcoin support

also
>Bryce Case - defaced several webpages including NASA
when did this become a job qualification?

>There's also some evidence to point to him being Satoshi Nakamoto, creator of bitcoin
that's not evidence, it's circumstances mixed with assumptions

that guy is not satoshi
>>
>>55130201
Well Bryce Case is YTCracker and gained some fame from hacking these sites

I don't think it will just be kapersky with bitcoin support. He wants to bring it to the military, government, enterprises and individuals.

If it's just that, why would he need to create such a big team? Why would he need all those bitcoin experts and people like Nolan

What proof do you have it isn't him? It's not just assumptions. Where did his 100mil go? Only reports it disappeared from failed selling of mansions but no actual proof
>>
I can say that /biz/ was watching the stocks for a little while, I hope it goes somewhere as I've got some pocket change riding on it
>>
>>55130632
Yeah that's where it caught my interest as well. Made about 4k so far

That's why I wanna know what JM is building and if it could change the world. I think JM is a nut case and a bit out there, but I think his team is full of really smart people that wouldn't have followed his plan if it wasn't great
>>
>>55130811
Yeah, it's a hit or miss with him sometimes, but he usually follows through when he starts naming names, remember what he said during the San Bernadino thing
>>
>>55127935
>why would his team buy into his vision?
Shit, I'd give an arm to work with as cool a boss as McAfee.
>>
>>55130123
Remove nonce, done.
>>
McAfee is a next-level troll. He had a bet with a friens that he could make a thread on Bluelight that would get over 1000 replies.
So he convinced people on the forums that there is a special version of MDPV (bath salts) called "Tan MDPV" that instead of making you have paranoid hallucinations, is actually super amazinf and puts you in a state of hypersexual bliss like MDMA
The thing is, "Tan MDPV" doesn't exist. He got his 1000 replies easily through hype and curiosity but eventually they realized that it was an elaborate hoax.
I remember that he said somewhere that he laughed at the fact that someone probably actually took MDPV because of his posts.
>>
>>55132263
Lmao he was saying this in an article when people were going crazy

He even linked his website for medicinal herbs

Pretty clever
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.