[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nexus 7 2013
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Nexus7-9530.jpg (754 KB, 1999x1179) Image search: [Google]
Nexus7-9530.jpg
754 KB, 1999x1179
Bought one figuring i'd use it all the time and it's sat here collecting dust in a drawer. So pulled it out today and thought why not ask /g/ what can I do with this tablet?

Neat uses, cool mods I could do with it.
>>
Nothing it lacks a microsd slot so it's pretty much a paperweight. Use it as a door stopper I guess.
>>
>>55127738
I was thinking about attaching it to my wall near my bed with some kind of arm/box set up to use as a wifi music player / chromecast remote. It's not the LTE version so I can't use it as a car tablet or I would.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160617-153541.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160617-153541.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
Comfy wit me.
>>
>>55127894

Wew lad.

Guess i'll just use it as an alarm clock / Chromecast device for now. Better controls and use than my phone.
>>
>>55127700
use it for pretty much anything that I would use my phone when I'm home.
>>
I sold mine because of the same reason, but you can still have fun with it
try multi boot
try candyrom or any feature packed aosp based rom
try splashtop remote
try android auto emulated
read some shit, it's nice as ebook
plug in xbox360 controller and play some emulator, psp and nds ones are fine
use it as second monitor with twomon app
install ubuntu touch through multirom manager
>>
>>55127700
To be honest, I have used and repaired many many devices, the nexus is one of the more underrated tablets out there. Touch response being the most impressive. Otherwise, it is not very good for doing much other than what I use it for:

Vehicle interface.
-Download maps for your neck of the woods
-Setup apps related to travel, music etc

I have used and tweaked a equalizer app, so I can tune my system quite well. I have it set up to antenna, which gets me gps, wifi and cell data. I use my phone as the hotspot for wifi, but when I travel, I have the maps for backup. It is fantastic for this, and one of the easier to hook up antennas to. Also, with some further modification I have made it fit perfectly in my dash with a small opening for the AC to work to keep it cool. You can use any tablet for it though, I just found this one in particular to be the most responsive and easy to adapt.

I will upload pictures if this thread is still up, I have some on my home computer with build and mounting.. If interested I also have some schematics for the wiring, which can be applied probably to most vehicles, for me it is in my jeep.
>>
>>55127700
Decent media consumption device. Not really all that useful for anything else. The screen is high enough dpi that it makes an okay e-reader, plus it fits in the hand well enough, and isn't too heavy.
>>
The digitizer on this tablet is terrible, right when you crack the glass the tablet will keep fucking up when you touch it. Mine got a crack and the only way i could use it is by connecting a mouse and keyboard. I have seen other devices smashed to the floor and their digitizer still works.
>>
>>55131556
>right when you crack the glass the tablet will keep fucking up when you touch it
maybe you shouldn't fucking break your tablet.
>>
>>55127700
I have one, and I only use it to shitpost on 4chan while laying in bed. It's pretty good at doing that.
>>
Comfy shitposting machine
>>
Do not upgrade to lollypop its gonna shit itself and be slow as fuck. Stick to kitkat
>>
File: 1465795829701.jpg (17 KB, 403x312) Image search: [Google]
1465795829701.jpg
17 KB, 403x312
jesus christ fuck google for making it impossible to root mm/6.0.1 without unlocking the bootloader and losing everything. only reason why i'm still on stock mm 6.0.1
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.