[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here have an HTC 10? I'm thinking about picking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_0060.jpg (763 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0060.jpg
763 KB, 1920x1280
Does anyone here have an HTC 10? I'm thinking about picking one up. It seems to be stock android which is appealing, and there's already a CM13 ROM in the works.
>>
I thought it wasn't out yet?
>>
too expensive for a phone that is only a phone
>>
It has a microsd slot so I think it's pretty cool.
>>
>>55127039
Few things:

-It's not quite stock android. It's still senseUI, but they've trimmed it down to near stock android changing only things that need to be changed for convenience's sake.

-Make sure you know which version you're buying. There are a lot of US sellers on ebay who are selling the non US version of the phone, that operates with LTE bands that aren't compatible with a lot of US carriers like T-mobile

-CM13 rom is non official, but there's talks of official work starting for it soon thanks to it's easily unlocked bootloader.

My only gripes with the phone are the weird curve on the glass in the front of the phone, and the capacitive button order. I've been on samshits to a oneplus one, so i'm so used to the back button being on the right side where my thumb normally rests. I'm sure there's some way to rework their functions, or just get used to it, but it annoys me.

Considering i dropped 700 on a fucking s4 when it came out, with how shitty that phone was, if i had the cash i'd drop 700 on one to upgrade from my 1+1.
>>
>>55127039

get the S7 instead. its better in every way
>>
>>55127841
>touchjizz
>>
>>55127039
too $$$ for me

$200 phones can do all of the same tricks
>>
>>55127841
I'm not sure if it's better. Both have a microsd slot. Does the S7 have a faster UHS microsd interface or something?
>>
The DAC is shit
>>
>>55127039
Don't have chinkphones offfer too good price/performance. I have a m7 though. If I would spend that much again I'd get the 10. A7 will never see custom roms so you won't get updates after samshit decides it's not worth anymore.

>>55128007
Lel
>>
Doesn't HTC come with seven fucking clocks
>>
>>55128257
you are a clock
>>
File: qb.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
qb.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>55128269
>>
>>55128257
Not anymore
>>
What does this have over a OnePlus3 that isn't an SD slot?
>>
>>55128728
a huge price tag
>>
>>55128728
A non-shit sock
>>
>>55128230
>can't even argue that it isn't
>>
>>55127039
Got mine a few weeks ago, to replace my aging M7. It's not the same bonering experience as the M7 was when I first got it - there's not really any exciting new features compared to past HTC phoness. Just a new version that I think will serve me real good in the long run.

The primary factors that coaxed me into buying it was:
- not samshit
- sd slot
- battery capacity
- camera performs real well in low light

Like >>55127823 says, the back/menu buttons are for some reason switched, which is really annoying especially when switching to other android phones, but I guess I'll get used to it.
Also it comes with a fingerprint scanner, which I'd rather not have, but of course you're free not to activate it.

>>55127823
You mean the curved edge on the sides? Thanks a lot for making me notice this. I actually hadn't noticed it before, but now it's gonna annoy the fuck out me.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.