[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you using Gentoo, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
Why aren't you using Gentoo, /g/?
>>
I have it on my other computer.

Seeding several thousand torrents on my main win 7 pc and don't feel like switching completely yet.
>>
Because I'm too dumb to install it
>>
>>55126181
Aw come on man don't talk down on yourself like that. Ever heard of a self fulfilling prophecy. Does read the Gentoo handbook and their wiki. It's not that hard.
>>
>>55126159
Because Gentoo is literally just a meme. The dev abandoned it for Funtoo, and doesnt even use Gentoo himself. Compiling everything yourself, seriously? I don't want to change thermal paste every single month. Gentoo is just a meme, something that people IRONICALLY recommend. There is no advantage to using Gentoo, and a host of disadvantages.
>>
File: football game.jpg (156 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
football game.jpg
156 KB, 700x467
>>55126159
Because I'm playing it the way it's meant to be played.
>>
File: last.png (163 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
last.png
163 KB, 1920x1080
Because I'm using something much better, exherbo.
>>
>>55126181
Just setup the drives and then use genkernel.
then you emerge X11, some window manager and and someother shit, and you are good to you.
>>
>>55126159
Because I'm on my desktop right now and am using elinks on my Gentoo installation to browse the web.
>>
>>55126202
Gentoo is like starting strength on fit.

People think that SS is a troll, but in reality it is that SS is a troll is the real troll.
>>
File: torvalds.jpg (84 KB, 900x750) Image search: [Google]
torvalds.jpg
84 KB, 900x750
>>55126223
> it is that SS is a troll is the real troll.
wut
>>
>>55126202
Neo /g/ posters ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>55126223
>but in reality it is that SS is a troll is the real troll.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>55126307
Are you illiterate?
>>
because I use windows
>>
>>55126363
ENJOY YOUR BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH FAGGOT!! SHITDOWS 10
>>
>>55126348
No, but I reread his post and realized what he said. He should have used quotes to make it more easily read though.
>>
>>55126388
I thought I did. The 4chans must have removed them.
Or maybe it is the beers
>>
>>55126363
You need to get the fuck off of /g/ and fuck off to reddit. We don't need your kind here
>>
File: IMG_0079.jpg (232 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0079.jpg
232 KB, 1600x1200
I am though.
>>
>>55126380
I realize you are shitposting, but on a serious note its not a BSOD anymore

>Something happened because something happened :(
>*reboot*

This is part of the true crime that Microsoft has committed.
>>
>network admin
>sent out of town to help customer setup their monitoring system for about 5k hosts
>fall for gentoo meme and bring laptop with it installed
>no vpn client supported for Palo Alto firewalls
>have to download VPNC and manually enter routes.
>spend 4 hours configuring my VPN just to remote to office network
>they send me excel spreadsheets of hosts
>forced to use libre office.
>end up using office 365 in the browser just to view file normally
>need to RDP to our VM where the monitoring is going to be installed.
>RDP client never works properly. (closes randomly, doesnt resize to my screensize, try 3 different RDP tools)
>end up just remoting to a windows machine and then RDPing from there

fucking linux. I only had 2 days to help them and spent 1 day configuring shit that wouldve worked instantly on windows.
>>
>>55126455
overall, the system is pure garbage and completely vulnerable. anyone can drop in a rootkit/virus and anally fuck rape any windows os.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.