[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Music Shit is Technolo/g/y right? I'm looking at getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
So Music Shit is Technolo/g/y right?

I'm looking at getting into music making more. I have a shitty old MIDI Keyboard i got for $20 and a PC.

So what i have now:

Renoise - i'm going to probably buy this soon because i just love renoise.

but i want to buy some sounds and i need help deciding best bang for buck that are around the same price tag and i'm wondering what i can get

---

Reason - They have great instruments and samples and shit (Plus a fuckin Vocoder among other cool features) but it's a tad expensive (Is it worth that money though)

Some softsynth from NI - Their synths are also pretty great. but, idk about spending this much on a softsynth - nothing against soft synths or anything, it's just the interface on some of the NIs are weird, idk, maybe i haven't looked at it hard enough

Arturia Microbrute - Ok so when i saw an Analog Synth for $250 it really piqued my interest - so it's made this list. I know it's pretty limited (compared to literally any option above)

Some VSTis that don't fucking blow - Can you guys suggest anything?
>>
>>55120890
>Arturia Microbrute
don't do it

get U-He Diva
>>
>>55120890
Dont buy Arturia. Get a Korg Volca Keys and connect your MIDI Keyboard.

Also you don't need to pay for any sounds or VSTs. There is enough free stuff out there.
>>
>Buy

Put AudioZ on your feeds and download them from there as the new versions come out.

https://audioz.download/

Also which synths to get, depends on what kind of music you intend to make.
>>
>>55121090
>Dont buy Arturia
Why?

>>55121051
Hnn this is gud af

>>55121159
well if i ever release i want to stay on the side of legality, but while i'm in this unsure state i'll look in to it. thanks
>>
>>55121378
I make music since late 2012 and have never paid for anything non-hardware.
I give away all my stuff, but I also know a ton of people who sell their music (and some even do it as their main job) and nobody had any problem, as there is no way to tell if what they used is correctly licensed (hell, most of the time it's hard to tell which synth has been used in the first place).

The only thing you'll need to buy your stuff for, is if you plan to show people how you work (like if you made a youtube tutorial or something like that where everyone will see "Licensed to Team AiR" in your GUI).

What kind of music do you want to make?
>>
>>55120890
Check out Madrona Labs' soft synths. They have three of them, all amazing.
>>
>renoise

epic meme
>>
>>55122180

Renoise is the best tracker-style sequencer out there, don't listen to this douche.

Reason is expensive, but I like it a lot. Wish there was a Linux native version, it runs like shit in wine for me.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.