[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm drunk, ask me C/C++/general programming questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: omwaluigi.png (201 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
omwaluigi.png
201 KB, 1000x1000
I'm drunk, ask me C/C++/general programming questions
>>
why don't you use Assembly or Java like a real programmer
>>
>>55116981
how do I git gud and becum a hacker
what are you drinking thats a better and more interesting question.
>>
how does iostream interface with the command line
>>
>>55116981
Is it true that I'll become a better programmer if I dress up in girly clothes?
>>
>>55116981
How would you suggest someone start learning them?

Are you drinking by yourself? Why or why not?

Do you regret making this thread?

First interesting/eyeopening/personaly significant thing you did with programming?
>>
What can you do with programming? It seems like it would be a fun hobby, but idk what you can even make with it.
>>
>>55117001
I do use assembly, and java is garbage
>>
>>55116981
Without Googling or looking at the stanard:
What does the static in
void my_fn(size_t n, int a[static n]) {
// ...
}

mean?

What does
void my_fn(int a[restrict *]);
mean?

How do you portably find the padding between two struct members?
>>
>>55117032
microcurruption.com

Mikes hard b/c I'm a giant faggot
>>
>>55117034
Too lazy to remember, I blame your parents.
>>
>>55117110
yeah when I was in the Navy I'd slam a 12 pack of the cans when I got off duty to get fucked up really fast
good fucking times. Drinking some Sierra Nevada seasonal now...much better lol
>>
File: laughing-girls.jpg (36 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
laughing-girls.jpg
36 KB, 250x225
>>55117001
>java like a real programmer
>>
>>55117062
>How would you suggest someone start learning them?
If you have programming experience, dive in and start making something, if not, take a class or read a book.
>Are you drinking by yourself? Why or why not?
Yes, because my girlfriend isn't here and I'm lonely.
>Do you regret making this thread?
Not yet, but I have faith.
>First interesting/eyeopening/personaly significant thing you did with programming?
I made a really shitty calculator as a joke when I was younger. It was significant to me because I actually *understood* all the ways it was shitty. I think a lot can be learned from making something intentionally terrible
>>
>>55117065
answer this pls
>>
>>55117476
>>55117065

Games, robots, chatbots/webcrawlers, utilities to make interfacing with your computer easier, and fucking around with smart devices are all (semi) productive applications of programming that are immediately tangible to someone who is just getting started. And that's just based on my more gamedev/embedded viewpoint. I'm sure there other people can chime in with even more interesting things to do
>>
Why is a null pointer so important, and what is it?

>inb4 Google

;>)
>>
>>55118500
It's very useful in data structures. There's probably other reasons why it's important so you should probably google it.
>>
>>55118500
The null pointer is guaranteed to not point to anything.
It has all sorts of uses as a sentinel value.
>>
>>55116981

Is #pragma vectorize good enough to make most compilers (Gcc, clang and MSVC) use SSE extensions, or do I have to manually use compiler intrinsics?
>>
File: thatfeelwenlol.gif (34 KB, 200x318) Image search: [Google]
thatfeelwenlol.gif
34 KB, 200x318
>>55118617

Oh, it's the breed of dog, the kind with good guarding values but totally the opposite of the description that the breed is named after?
>>
>>55118663
If you're trying to make a joke, you're not funny at all.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.