[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, I'm about to build a new pc, and currently trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 53759-pc_build_promo.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
53759-pc_build_promo.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Hey /g/,
I'm about to build a new pc, and currently trying to work out a proper build. Here's the parts I'm considering:

-Motherboard: MSI z87I AC
-CPU: i5-4690K
-GPU: RX480 (when it comes out)
-Drives: Goodram CX200 240gb, Seagate Barracuda ES-2 1tb
-Case: Bitfenix Prodigy/Cooler Master 110
-PSU:XFX XTR 750W (I'm thinking about overclocking, even if just a bit)

Please give me your thoughts. I don't really have a ton of money, so the parts I've listed here are just about my full budget.
>>
>>55116277
What distro of Linux are you putting on it
>>
>>55116335
windows 7
>>
>>55116342
>Using non-free Linux distro
>>
does anyone have any actual advice for me?
>>
>>55116416
Read the sticky.
>>
no need for 750 watt psu,500-550 watt gold or silver rated should be fine with RX480 or even GTX1080,dont skimp on the quality and use psu calculators on the interwebs

since you are on budget,i recommend the Asrock Z97 Anniversary Edition as the motherboard,it should be cheapish
>>
If you do not have a lot of money just buy an used PC with a gen 4/5 i5 or i7 and buy the rx480 afterwards.
>>
Don't go for an xfx psu, go for a good egva
Asrock or Asus motherboards are much better, Msi tends to have a reputation for overheating and errors
Why the expensive graphic card if not a lot of money, and why such a high end cpu

Also use hyperX ram, cheap and good, or a G-skill (or corsair) 8gb should be enough, unless rendering large files or 3d then 16gb,anything higher Is a meme
>>
Not your tech support forum.

Read the sticky and stop polluting the board asshole.
>>
>>55116446
Yeah, I did, what I meant was if I'm doing anything absolutely retarded

>>55116462
Yeah, the cheapest ITX one is just about twice the money I can get the MSI for, also I said I wanted to overclock the pajeet. Also, the 750W was actually recommended by one of the calculators.

>>55116510
The fuck do you think I'm trying to do, matey?
Half of these parts is going to be second hand, with a warranty if possible

>>55116554
because the card is fucking cheap and the cpu I can buy used

not a lot of money = can't afford a titan x
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.