[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Big 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: apple-iphone-fbi-big.jpg (49 KB, 759x422) Image search: [Google]
apple-iphone-fbi-big.jpg
49 KB, 759x422
Do any of you pajeets work at a Big 4 company?
>>
isnt amazon and samsung big enough?
>>
>>55116187
Amazon is shit tier to work for and samsung is korean
>>
>>55116173
I don't work at shit tier places. Nm
>>
>>55116173
Not a Pajeet, but yes, I occasionally take contract work at Microsoft.

PSS support sucks, btw. Truly shit tier.
>>
>>55116221
Yea but AWS is eating everybody's lunch.
>>
>>55116173
Microsoft because I'm mexipoor and I want my greencard. The job is really comfy though and I have my own office.
>>
>>55116173
Starting at MS soon
>>
>>55117077
Are you a full-time SWE?
>>
>>55117133
I am, making $76k a year.
>>
>>55117431
That seems low
>>
>>55117441
Yeah I wasn't bragging ;( It's still my first year here and I think I fucked up in negotiations. It's still enough to me for now but I don't plan to be here for more than 4 years anyways.
>>
>>55117468
What team are you on? Everyone I know there is making 100+
>>
>>55116173
>>>/biz/
>>
>>55117495
I don't want to identify myself but let's just say I'm not in the best team.
>>
>>55117514
Not trying to dox you, and not that anon, but if you're off-campus (SAMM or RED/W) look into OSG. They're always hiring, and if you're an FTE, look into hrweb.
>>
>>55117431
Nice bullshit. The minimum salary there is like 100k.
>>
>>55117541
You got me, I pretend to make lower than average just to impress anons.
>>
>>55117541
No, it's not. Level 59 starts at like 40K.
>>
>>55117576
Whats even at level 59?
>>
interned at MSR last year
>>
>>55116173
Starting a job at Facebook next month in Menlo Park. How long will I last before I quit?
>>
>>55117598
That's what they used to pay a-, and a lot of the building staff and security start at 59.
>>
Does anyone know if you need to have a phd for "Researcher" positions at big tech companies? I'm going to get a masters specializing in distributed computing in the near future and I'm eyeing those big bucks
>>
>>55117627
How about some fucking experience you child
>>
>>55117956
I have internship experience as well as research experience, chill out homie
>>
>>55117627
nah afaik only defense contractors *require* phds (so they can charge more)
>>
>>55117627
Some companies name titles "Researcher" to vaguely gesture toward something involving people, like "UX research/design/whatever".

If you're talking about Research like Microsoft Research, or something similarly along those lines, then you absolutely need a PhD. MSR in particular (as well as some other places) are basically equivalent to university professorships in terms of the difficulty of landing a spot, the requirements, and the research work (there's obviously no teaching requirement).
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.