[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
let's say you had 900 tabs open in firefox. mostly of 4chan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Firefox-Beta-13-New-Tab[1].png (802 KB, 1237x850) Image search: [Google]
Firefox-Beta-13-New-Tab[1].png
802 KB, 1237x850
let's say you had 900 tabs open in firefox. mostly of 4chan threads that you kept open in the background, but never got around to reading them

would you go back and read them? or just start fresh with zero tabs, since you never visit those tabs anyways?
>>
Latter
>>
I would close the more banal or deleted from the archive ones, but try to work my way slowly through the rest of them.
>>
>>55115104
but what if there's something i want to read again?

>>55115188
trying this
>down 100 tabs in 45 minutes
this is taking such a long time
>>
>>55116053
>but what if there's something i want to read again?
you probably won't even remember what the threads were about, so no loss.
>>
>>55115097
You need to see a therapist
>>
>>55115097
on my laptop, sometimes, i get close to 300 tabs opened (browser always open, sleep mode, etc.)
i just close the browser and open it up again, without restoring the last session, if i need the extra ram for a vm or something
>>
>>55115097
How much RAM would 900 tabs of 4chan threads require? I've had 150+ tabs (various sites, 4chan, YouTube, Chaturbate, etc.) open at once, and it uses ~12-14GB of my 16GB of RAM.
>>
>>55115097
I don't have enough memory to open 900 tabs.
>>
>>55115097
Mate I hate to break it to you but you have ADHD. Look into getting some Vyvanse or Adderall
>>
>>55116606
wut?
my 300 tabs dont reach 2gb, and i dont even use tab suspend addons
da fack kinda browser are you on? not firefox for sure
>>
>Spend hours finding 4chan threads I want to read
>End up with ~300 tabs open
>Close them all and repeat
>Rarely ever actually read any threads despite spending hours on 4chan every day
>>
>>55116819
>all ~300 tabs are 4chan
put your reading glasses on, grandpa
>>
>people don't use thread watcher or bookmarks

Of course, why would you do anything efficiently.
>>
>>55115097
read them because if you close the tab some threads may be deleted for w/e reason
>>
OP here

>>55116192
maybe so.. but it is 900 tabs from I would estimate 10 months of browsing. i forget when the last time i started from zero was.

>>55116258
on my PC my browser is always open

>>55116606
around 1.5GB, but it leaks and every two weeks. once it goes above 2GB i need to restart firefox as things start breaking

>>55116739
don't think a doctor will write me a prescription for either

>>55116848
if i use bookmarks i will never get back to them, i keep tabs open so it's easier to look at

>>55116867
i restart my browser occasionally due to memory leaks, so it doesn't save deleted threads. but i have a firefox userscript which automatically redirects deleted threads to an archive
>>
>>55116848
Efficiency is overrated. I have both enabled, but I only feel satisfied when I'm closing and reopening the same threads in the catalog over and over again while having under 20 tabs.
>>
>>55117312
you dont lose threads, you just get the archived version.

i have a ton of old threads bookmarked i am planning to go back to and download pics from

if you are a massive bookmark hoarder like myself i cannot recommend linkman pro enough
>>
>>55115097
I have a bot that reads the threads for me looking for stuff I might be interested in.

Unfortunately, I spend more time fixing the bot than I do reading the threads it picks out
>>
>>55115097
call me an oldfag but i think that is when windows and firefox looked best. that is just beautiful desu.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.