[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Government surveillance app
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
what if your government were to launch a propietary app that you could use as a regular id. Valid for the authorities.

Would you use it?
Would the normies and niggers fall for it?
>>
>>55114006
Like something to pull out as a driver license, passport and personal id? Seems possible m8, but not gonna happen soon and if it happens lots of technologiCal illiterate people is going to be out
>>
>>55114006
Is everyone forced to use it? If yes the hippies and old folks would be infuriated.

If not, yep, good idea.
But o boy i see the vulnerabilities and hacks incoming.
>>
>>55114006
thanks anon you just got me fired
>>
>>55114006
The arse is strong in this one
>>
>>55114320
Looks like missalice
>>
>>55114094
i mean yea, those are possible i guess, but police could check if your phone id is real or fake, also, the nsa could track all the normies knowing their exact locations
>>
File: 1463018598314.jpg (85 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1463018598314.jpg
85 KB, 454x453
>>55114006
>It's a female ass
>>
>>55114006
Yeah, just wait till your phone gets stolen.
>>
>>55114006
my country doesn't have a national id, so no.
>>
is already a thing where i live
>>
>>55115038
>>55115031
Country?
>>
>>55115057
Gentoo
>>
There's nothing wrong with the general idea, but I dunno, depends on how it's used.
>>
>>55115057
USA
>inb4 drivers license

that's state, closest thing would be an ssn, and no thanks to putting that on my phones
>>
>>55115089
What are social security numbers even for?
>>
>>55115143
- Proving your identity
- any major financial/job registration
- claiming of federal aide programs, etc
>>
>>55114006
Is she who I think she is?... I mean... that famous camgirl...??
>>
>>55114006
>Would you use it?
Of course not.
>>
>>55115186
Ah.

We have a points system for proving your identity, with more trusted documents worth more points, eg. a government-issued photo ID like a passport or driver's license the most, and a letter, like an electricity bill the least.

But for financial stuff, we have a tax number that we provide, which is otherwise pretty useless. I don't think people actively keep that number a secret, but it doesn't really come up all that often in everyday life.
>>
>>55115393
You sign up for credit cards and such with the number so it's pretty important to not get fucked over credit-wise.
>>
>>55114006
is that trap peeing?
>>
>>55115408
I've never tried to get a credit card, but our credit system is a bit different, and if the credit companies put wrong information on your file and you point it out, there's a certain amount of time they have to remove it, like 90 days I think, and if they don't, you can get one of the government ombudsmen to take them to court, so that's not too much of a problem here.
>>
>>55115089
But you also have a federal ID, for federal and jobs abroad
>>
>>55115089
A SSN isn't a required thing to have. Your parents can just not sign you up for it. It would really fuck you over in life, though, if you don't have one.
>>
>>55114320
>she
>>
File: 4L_pP4rCrWm.jpg (783 KB, 720x963) Image search: [Google]
4L_pP4rCrWm.jpg
783 KB, 720x963
>>55115143
ssn's are used by criminals to steal your identity and fuck you for life. The government forces us to have them so they can fuck us and ruin our credit at any time if we get out of line. They have no legitimate purpose other than to make the population vulnerable and dependent upon the state.
>>
>>55114764
>implying big brother doesn't already track you by your metadata from your current devices
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.