[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this case any good? or just shit tier gayming case? >check
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: Cooler Master CM Storm Stryker.jpg (56 KB, 561x568) Image search: [Google]
Cooler Master CM Storm Stryker.jpg
56 KB, 561x568
Is this case any good? or just shit tier gayming case?
>check filename for sauce
>>
Looks like a stock I buy power pc case
>>
>>55113603
It's a meme tier gaming case, but you buy what you like and feel good about owning, so don't let others tell you what to spend your money on.

If you like this case and like the looks, then go for it.
>>
>>55113660
I dont really like it, just askin if it was good or not but thanks for response
>>
>>55113603
First of all no point asking people on 4chan. Instead look at reviews on the case on what people that have it actually think about it, that it has to offer such as its features, does it have fan filters, how many hard drives can it hold, how much space at the back of the mobo tray, does it come with tip ties, the fan is comes with and how do they perform, the clearence space and how good does air circulate in that case?
>>
>>55113719
Then compare it with other cases, and do the same, does it have the requirements to fit your components? Also think about future proofing your case if you want to add an extra graphics card or anything else you might want a bigger case
>>
>>55113603

I'm actually thinking of getting a white midtower case. I'm really not sure why people still buy full tower so unless your doing some water cooling or believe in the meme that full tower dissapates heat better
>>
>>55113603
I have it...
the good:
>hard drive caddies are really nice
>fits any motherboard I throw at it
>almost unlimited mounting options for radiators and fans
>easy to clean
>built in manual fan controler if that's your thing
>motherfucking hot swappable ssds
the bad:
>you cannot have the hard drive caddies rotated 90 degrees so that the cables are hidden AND have the fans facing the front, you must choose. This fucking pisses me off holy fuck it's so dumb.
>feet will scratch the fuck out of any table you put them on. Ever have to tilt your pc to get to a cable on the back or something? yeah this thing is going to bite into your desk so bad.
>cable management is awkward, there are a fuck ton of cables attached into the case for buttons and fans and shit
>there is no cover for the power supply area so all your ugly cable mess is visible, it literally would look better to have a non modular power supply in this case unless you use custom sleeved cables, and even then, they will look like a jumbled mess as you try to cram them all through next to the power supply.
overall? it's not terrible, I got mine on sale. It is basically future proof, you can throw SLI in it and it fits, you can throw 12 hard drives or like 16 ssds at it and it will hold them...
it has a cool little drawer that's really nice for storing things like screws and your motherboard driver cds. it's decently comfy to work in.
oh and it's fucking huge.
>>
File: 1465846004686.jpg (414 KB, 1920x1281) Image search: [Google]
1465846004686.jpg
414 KB, 1920x1281
>>55113603
This one is better.
>>
>>55113603
It's shit. I had one back when I was in my gaymer phase.
>>
>>55113806
I went to a full tower because I needed more space. A pretty common reason to go big.
>>
Have that case, it's a nice steel case, but not cable management friendly.
>>
>>55113603
>Fans on side, middle of height

For what purpose

The aesthetics are fine though.
>>
>>55115437
>The aesthetics are fine though.
if you're legally blind
>>
>>55115457
Well it's not perfect, but still better looking than the average gayman case.
>>
File: Pro-1z.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Pro-1z.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2000
it's shit compared to this
>>
>>55115507
>Gigantic
>Black
>Window
>Too many fan mounts
>Water """cooling""" meme
>Covered PSU
>Over 30$
>Meme gaymer design
>Giant un needed front fan
>Feet
>Too many drive bays

Who would buy this shit fucking case?
>>
>>55115552
>Full tower
>Sober look, not flashing white
>Window like OP
>Lots of fan mounts
>Oy Vey
>Apparently a black box is "maymay gaymer design"
>Feet

What are you shitting out, anon?
>>
>>55115552
>>Gigantic
git gud
>>Black
it also comes in white
>>Window
you can get it without one
>>Too many fan mounts
it's got just enough
>>Water """cooling""" meme
it's just fine for air cooling
>>Covered PSU
much nicer than a exposed psu if you have a window
>>Over 30$
>being a jew
>>Meme gaymer design
u wot
>>Giant un needed front fan
big fans make less noise for the same amount of airflow
>>Feet
you can put it on shag carpet and be fine
>>Too many drive bays
it has 6, which is average

git gud sempai
>>
File: dusty_guts.jpg (323 KB, 2089x1638) Image search: [Google]
dusty_guts.jpg
323 KB, 2089x1638
>>55113603
>Is this case any good?
One of the only large cases with an actually functional carrying handle & built in fan filters.

The modular HDD bays are okay but nothing special. The equipment drawer is alright but kind of loose and falls open on its own when bumped. SSD hotswap bay is very nice if you own multiple PCs. Overall build quality is on par with anything else I've had (thermaltake, lianli)
>>
File: 1466054009711.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1466054009711.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
>>55115552
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (843 KB, 1920x1281) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
843 KB, 1920x1281
>>55114625
prefer this tbqhwyf
>>
>>55113603
Looks alright I suppose, but it will stick out like sore thumb when you actually put it in your room.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.