[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, my coworker came into work today with a laptop with no top
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: laptop.jpg (28 KB, 644x362) Image search: [Google]
laptop.jpg
28 KB, 644x362
Hey, my coworker came into work today with a laptop with no top half.

I asked him what happened and he said he removed it himself so he could replace it.

Can you do this, or is he making it up?

Sorry if that's not enough info. Feel free to ask questions.
>>
How's life?
>>
File: 146420348524502.jpg (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
146420348524502.jpg
14 KB, 500x500
absolutely you can but he needs clip ons, kinda like the ones for plastic box lids
>>
>>55113548
It might depend on model, but when you remove the cover plastics, usually you can remove the display assembly after unscrewing screws and disconnecting the cable. On some chassis, it can take a lot of work before you get access to those parts though. The hinges go with it.

Of course, you can't just tear or saw it off like some internet retard.
>>
In my days though, such stuff was obvious and nobody sent questions about it to the girl/boy magazine.
>>
op suge puli
>>
Isn't the WiFi antennae on the side of the screen on a laptop?
>>
>>55113548
>hp
Just tell him to get a thinkpad. That laptop looks like shit.
>>
>>55113548
Wtf is this horse shit?
>>
tfw no mexican laptop
>>
>>>/g/sqt/
>>
>>55113572
Kek
>>
Did he mistake this for a fucking scratch off too?
>>
>>55113548
usually when you replace a screen you can just pop the front bezel off and unscrew the screen. no point in taking the whole lid off unless it was crushed or something
>>
>>55114202
>>55113572
kek/10
>>
He's an idiot but not wrong. I've transplanted a broken monitor dv6000 with the top half mechanism of a broken one.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.