[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: crunchbang.png (646 B, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
crunchbang.png
646 B, 200x200
Is it any good?
>>
>>55110629
No, hashtags are for normie cucks
>>
File: am0KoWj_700b.jpg (48 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
am0KoWj_700b.jpg
48 KB, 700x700
It is a dead distro, fucking dumbass. if you spent 1 (one) minute using searx.me you would know this.

Use bunsenlabs and sod off.
>>
File: 1465852846893.jpg (22 KB, 332x500) Image search: [Google]
1465852846893.jpg
22 KB, 332x500
>>55110629
It's dead...
>>
not tried it since development was stopped and the project became bunsenlabs

might as well just install debian if you can rice it yourself from what I recall
>>
>>55110655
>>55110667
I'm talking about #!++
>>
>>55110688
>using #!++
>when theres #!/2+3*4 i
>>
It's dead
>>
>>55110637

KEK, look at the normie cuck. Thinks this is a #hashtag bullshit. Google crunchybang.
>>
>>55110688
>>55110706
>not ++#!
fucking plebs
>>
Sure. It's good if you know very little and want everything to install itself to make an old machine workable. I used it for years.

Nowadays I just start with whatever distro I want and add Openbox myself.
>>
>>55110629
Crunchbang is dead use bunsenlabs instead
>>
It's the best way to install Debian
>>
>>55111278
Debian netinstaller has been pretty awesome for a while. Small download to get you started, walks you through choosing a DE (or not) and peripheral services, etc. All that Crunchbang adds is pre-configuration of Openbox and commonly used programs.
>>
>>55111340
Nonfree packages are always a hassle with Debian. Crunchbanglikes make it much simpler by enabling nonfree repos by default and the installer not cockblocking you with them.
>>
crunchbang was the last good linux distro. all the shit that they made to supposedly replace it sucks compared to the original (as far as looks go)
>>
>>55111459
>basing distro quality on default looks
how pleb can you get
>>
>>55110629
was quite the meme back in the days, pretty sure it's just dead and bad.
>>
It red many

A couple groups tried to revive it but bunsenlabs is from the core group.

I used it from the begining and I enjoyed it very much and their forums are helpful considering you aren't a moron and if you are, someone will more than likely point you in the right direction.

Currently I just use Debian and configure everything myself even though it looks just like the original #!. I still use their tint conf with minor changes.

The point of the distro was running a low resource linux system for older machines. In one word it could be described as...minimal

...unlike this post
>>
File: poopit.png (379 KB, 717x425) Image search: [Google]
poopit.png
379 KB, 717x425
>>55111475
well im too dumb to configure openbox and tint2 myself, so yeah i'd say pretty much overall im pretty pleb desu senpai
>>
>>55111523
Holy shit, just literally copy paste the Crunchbang config files you dumbass
>>
>>55111449
>Nonfree packages are always a hassle with Debian
>too retarded to answer yes when installer asks if you want to enable non-free
>>
>>55111635
Is that why it refuses to install a fucking wifi driver to actually commit the net install?
>>
Greatest distro ever compiles
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.