[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fell for the tablet meme. I thought I would use it for browsing,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 17
File: 31078_8_Mobile_TV_Tablet_Hand.jpg (1007 KB, 3231x2528) Image search: [Google]
31078_8_Mobile_TV_Tablet_Hand.jpg
1007 KB, 3231x2528
I fell for the tablet meme.

I thought I would use it for browsing, watching movies, reading ebooks... but I still prefer doing that on my desktop and laptop. It's a cheap Windows tablet, so I didn't waste that much money.

What do you use your tablet for?
>>
Nothing because I didn't fall for it
>>
File: hrvaani.png (260 KB, 484x605) Image search: [Google]
hrvaani.png
260 KB, 484x605
>>55110619
This
>>
Chewy hi8
\thread
>>
>>55110603
Checking my email, watching YouTube, streaming 1 or 2 shows from my server to my tablet. all while laying in bed. Much more comfy than sitting up with a laptop. I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 2. Middle of the road quad core, 1.5gb ram, 16gb internal, 32gb microSD. Only cost me $150.

Windows tablets are garbage unless you get a surface. Touch input is usually trash and laggy. Ifbyoure going tablet, go Android. Unless you're an apple person. Then an iPad mini.
>>
File: IMG_20160616_210049.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160616_210049.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>55110603

Oh fuck... Am I going to regret this?

I just bought this one hour ago...
>>
>>55110762
BUILD FIREWALL
>>
>>55110803
But I am Spanish follamadres
>>
>fell for tablet meme
>bought xoom2
>uses shitty microUSB port for charging instead of the superior barrel connector
>it's a flimsy piece of shit that breaks easily
>bought replacement PCB
>can't open it without a prying tool that I now need to buy

Fucking JUST
>>
>>55110821
Entontheth, bienvenidoth amigo.
>>
>>55110603
I had the same problem after buying an android tablet. Used it a bunch for the first few days but then the sparkle wore off and it became clear that for most tasks, my laptop could do the same thing 50x better. So I returned the android tablet and bought an iPad instead.

Same shit, right? Nope. It made all the difference in the world. I've had the iPad for a couple months now and I find that 70% of my casual screentime is spent on my iPad. Turns out I didn't use my android tablet because it was mediocre at being a tablet thanks to Android treating tablets as second class citizens and having terrible/nonexistant tablet apps.

I haven't used Windows tablets enough to speak about them but I imagine there's a similar effect going on with it, unless the Windows tablet app ecosystem is thriving (seems unlikely but I really have no clue).

TLDR mediocre tablets collect dust, good tablets get used
>>
Carputer. Music, movies, locally stored navigation, vehicle stats via Bluetooth ODB2. Cars and tablets go so nicely together.
>>
>>55110603

As it happens anon, I received a new Nvidia Shield in the mail today. And a stylus. I tested the handwriting recognition with Word, Excel and OneNote, and it works great, as good as or maybe even better than my old Galaxy Note.

I'll be using it as an electronic notepad at work, I also have the ReceiptBank app for managing my finances, Flud to torrent movies to watch on the train, and I'll use it as a radio to listen to in the kitchen when I'm cooking.
>>
I would much rather view something on my 2560x1600 OLED tablet than a shitty 1366x768 TN laptop that I would be able to buy with the same price.
>>
>>55111292
I wonder how long it'll be before economy of scale kicks in and it'll be cheaper for makers of walmart-tier laptops to integrate hidpi IPS/OLED instead of potato x turnip TN displays
>>
Mainly contributing to BOINC. I play some Goat Simulator and Gem Miner here and there. Would actually use it but I mistakenly bought a Windows 10 model instead of Windows 8, so I never boot into Windows and just use Android
>>
If I'm charging my phone or trying to save battery then I'll use my tablet instead. I might use it while I'm taking a shit too
>>
>>55110965
What android tablet did you previously have?
>>
I have a Pixel C.

It's pretty neato.
>>
>>55110762
>Toshiba

You will regret this. It'll last quite long if you take care of it, but don't let anyone else get close to it because no one else will understand all the kinks and peculiarities aka workarounds required not to fuck it up after it's a couple years old.

[spoiler]Y como traductor tengo que quejarme también de que uses el sistema en español. La mayor parte de los traductores de software son unos mataos, y la mitad sudamericanos.[/spoiler]
>>
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7"

Books
Audiobooks
Comicbooks
The News(streaming or reports)
Netflix
Notes on Evernote
Background Music - Pandora

Lasts me 1.5~ days for music before needing a charge

8gbs storage / 16 gbs sd card
1gb ram

I used it more after not being able to set up my pc for a while, I still havent.

I like it

I wouldn't upgrade to any of the new Galaxy tabs though. I don't like their speakers and I already have had this tablet for about 2 years now.

Kinda want a netbook instead but thats money I wouldn't spend. Like everything I would do there, I just do it on my tablet.

Only thing would be assignments and reports, but I can always do those at the library.
>>
>>55110603
Browsing, computer needs when I've gotta travel to another city for a couple days because I don't need a keyboard anyways, and playing Hearthstone.
>>
>>55111778
A Pixel C actually. I had avoided Android tablets entirely up until that point because third party manufacturers like Samsung never produced a product that appealed to me, and I wasn't in the market for a tablet with the Nexus 10 hit.

The hardware and design of the device is beautiful, the display is awesome, and USB-C is the perfect choice for a mobile device charge/data port. Unfortunately Android is a royal kludge of an OS, and that drags the C way, way down. It most certainly would've been a better device running ChromeOS, and if it's ever hacked to run Sailfish OS or something I'd be willing to consider buying one again. Android just too shit for tablets.
>>
>Old Asus Transformer
Only really use it when travelling cause I don't have an ultra/netbook.
>>
>>55110642
>touchwizz
>>
>>55112121

I actually have a Pixel C and I am curious as to why we have different opinions.

What were you doing on it?
>>
Reading Mongolian cartoons is pretty good. the bigger screen is a lot nicer. Only £40 for a Nexus 7, came 'broken' in a boot loop
>>
>>55110603

I use mine every day when I'm going to bed.
>>
I gave my tablet to my mom who's obsessed with Angry Birds. She'll spend 2+ hours a day on it, so money well spent considering she's getting use out of it. But yeah I never used that shit
>>
>>55112257
Tablet stuff. Web browsing, reading books/manga, etc. Tried Netflix but it didn't seem to want to give me HD video for some reason.

Browsing was lackluster compared to my laptop, especially since there are desktop browsers with engine-level ad blocking, which doesn't exist at all on Android. Both Chrome and Firefox had weird scrolling and would chop sometimes when zooming. Reading (google books) was decent thankfully and manga was ok (perfect viewer) but I hated that perfect viewer was really the only viable option for reading local manga archives (zip, cbz, etc). Every other manga reader I found was geared toward streaming sites which aren't my thing.

And as noted, there are so few quality tablet apps on the Play store. F-Droid improves that marginally, but the result is still disappointing. For many types of apps the best option is a stretched out phone app.

And maybe it's just me but I found the permissions lists on many apps unnerving. Deniable of course, but still.
>>
>>55112363 (cont)
Oh yes, and for a platform that tries so hard to sell itself on freedom, transferring files to android devices is a royal PITA. MTP is horrible and for some idiotic reason Android defaults to file charging mode when plugging into a PC. I had to use wifi server apps to get files over which is silly... just give me plain old USB mass storage for fucks' sake. The MTP requirement IMO is as bad or worse than iOS' iTunes requirement.
>>
>>55112363
>>55112419

All fair enough, guess I am more simple. Hell I barely browse the internet unless I am on NCBI or some shit.
>>
>>55112460
Understandable. I mean the Pixel C is pretty decent even with Android killing its potential but there's a lot of room for displeasure for anybody even moderately demanding. I make a living as a mobile software engineer so that no doubt tints my perception on these things; flaws that most others wouldn't even consider flaws are like nails on a chalkboard to me, and laziness or lack of effort in software is more readily apparent to me.
>>
I have a Nexus 7.
I was using it regularly a couple years ago when I commuted to work by train and had a shitty 4 inch phone. Now I commute by car and have a 5.5 inch phone so it's 100% useless. Sexy device nonetheless.
>>
Its typically the the first thing i use in the morning, good for catching up with webcomics, manga updates, and news.

I also use it when going to friends, just useful to have a device with a little more screen estate than a phone. Good for sharing videos, character sheets & books for D&D, stuff like that.

Nexus 9 incidentally, i do kind of feel i hit it's limits, maybe it's the poor optimisation for the processor. I would like a Pixel C though.
>>
I have an ipad2 for about 6 years.
Got it jail broken, installed movie box and i just watch movies in bed.
Feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>55110603
>says tablets are a meme
>bought the shittest tablet out there

yah ok, they're totally worthless
>>
>>55113933
He never said what model he got dumbass
>>
>>55113978
>It's a cheap Windows tablet

fucking reading comprehension
>>
>>55114013
>fucking reading comprehension
Something you apparently lack? Cheap Android tablets are the worst.
>>
>>55110603
Had a android tablet for 3 years, only use it for youtube, internet radio and sometimes shitposting from bed.
Got a new win10 tablet just because it was 49euro, it sucks badly at everything else but is better at playing video then the android.
>>55113978
It runs windows, nothing good could come from this.
I know, i have one.
>>
>>55114036
Windows tablets are best tablets. Well, dual boot ones are, but I rarely use Android, it's just sort of there for if I ever want it.
>>
File: Surface-3-LTE[1].jpg (167 KB, 1500x843) Image search: [Google]
Surface-3-LTE[1].jpg
167 KB, 1500x843
>>55110603
As a laptop, some modded skyrim and drawfagging. It can be charged by my 16Ah power bank, which brings total battery life to about 25 hours.

Had an iPad and it is best for casual web browsing, everything else is underwhelming.

Android tablets are pure garbage.
>>
So would a Samsung tablet be worth it for late night reading?
>>
File: 1454397735709.jpg (147 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1454397735709.jpg
147 KB, 1280x800
watch iptv and remote into the other computers
>>
>>55114098
It's the only one worth for any reading since those have AMOLED screen

The Tab S series anyways, all others doesn't
>>
File: 31078_8_Mobile_TV_Tablet_Hand-1.jpg (95 KB, 1664x359) Image search: [Google]
31078_8_Mobile_TV_Tablet_Hand-1.jpg
95 KB, 1664x359
2searchbars/10
>>
>>55110603
I used to have a 10 inch galaxy tab. It was collecting dust so I flashed a custom kernel and started using it as a third display for my computer. I only need two displays so I basically used it as a picture frame for cool wallpapers for almost 3 months. Finally I got tired of looking at my ghetto monitor and I sold it on ebay. Tablets are worthless, especially those running a mobile OS like Android or iOS.
>>
>>55110603
I use mine to browse 4chan and news and read manga. The slate form factor is awesome for such uses.
>>
>>55110603
Install Gentoo on it
>>
>>55114032
wrong, cheap android tablets have apps

KEK
>>
>>55115499
Windows tablets can run desktop applications and are capable of booting into Android if you want shitty smartphone games.
>>
File: IMG_20160616_181759.jpg (125 KB, 749x1001) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160616_181759.jpg
125 KB, 749x1001
Pretty much only use it for Netflix and BubbleUPNP wile in bed.

I wouldn't buy a tablet without a keyboard dock though.
>>
Tablets over 340g weight are bad. Some of the best choices are:
iPad Mini if you are Apple fag or rich fag.
B&N Nook HD (not HD+) if you are poorfag.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 if you are a Samsung fag.
LG G Pad 8.3 GPE (V510) is a reasonable option too.
NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1 is too heavy, but still warrants a mention.
>>
File: 1392836848567.gif (1000 KB, 315x236) Image search: [Google]
1392836848567.gif
1000 KB, 315x236
>>55115521
>run desktop applications
>>
>>55115606
Are you implying Windows can't run desktop applications? Or are you implying that you should be limited to shitty smartphone apps?
>>
>>55110965

So much this. I had Android tablets, good Android tablets, and none of them were anywhere near as polished or as usable as my iPad Air 2.
>>
>>55115626

Smartphone apps aren't shitty on a smartphone, you retard. If you're going to have a computer that has a touchscreen instead of a keyboard, yes, you want software that makes appropriate use of that form factor. Otherwise, you've defeated the whole purpose of the form factor, and it's an obstacle at best and a liability at worst.
>>
>>55110603
Reading manga in bed
>>
>>55115704
I came to this thread just to call this guy a moron, now I'm going to minimize it and leave.

Moron.
>>
>>55115704
Touchscreen or not desktop applications are superior. Maybe you have a hard time with your sausage fingers or something but I've no issues using them with a touchscreen.
>>
>>55115589
Sony xperia z3 tablet compact's not a bad choice at the discounts you can get them for today.
Weren't really worth it before.

Super thin, water resistant (dunno, if you want to use it at the pool or in the bath or some shit). Very close to stock android and really good battery.

No more than 8" or so. A good replacement for my shattered nexus 7's.

I'm wondering though, since I'm in need of a new phone, whether or not it wouldn't just be best to just grab a phablet and call it a day (the z3tabc can make calls, but without an ear receiver you have to plug in phones or else let all around you listen to your call).

If you haven't found use for one up till now, you don't need it.

I find a mini tablet type device pretty useful, but I do travel extensively so having the smallest usable pdf reader/movie viewer etc., on hand is nice. (but like I said, phablets kinda make it all redundant)
>>
File: 1463869691396.png (259 KB, 1198x1200) Image search: [Google]
1463869691396.png
259 KB, 1198x1200
>>55115704
Holy shit, just kill yourself already and free us from your idiocy.
>>
>>55115983

Rational, well-informed argument you have there, bro.
>>
>>55116021
Trolls don't deserve rationality.
>>
>>55116038

I'm not trolling. The iPad is a great deal better than you basement-dwelling turboneckbeards would ever believe.
>>
>>55116057
I've used iOS before, it's ass on a phone because of how limited it is and I expect a tablet to be more capable than a phone, so iOS would be even worse on an iPad than an iPhone.
>>
File: 1466073144646.jpg (21 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
1466073144646.jpg
21 KB, 275x275
I enjoy my 10" tablet. Use it to watch anime in bed and YouTube n'shit while cooking and doing other menial chores.

I also use it for lewd chinese comics and cartoons.
>>
>>55115969
Thanks for posting. You're not wrong about the form factor and features of the Sony, and I wasn't aware of it. Sony is on my 'never buy' list ever since the rootkit debacle though.

Seems like you could get even an iPad mini 4 and a waterproof treatment for the price of the Sony anyway though.

I think phablets seem retarded (pic related).
>>
>>55116088
This.

Can't stand ipads, but that's just because of how I use a tablet.

Hardware is of course impressive, feel in hand etc.

However, the fact that you have to use itunes bullshit just to get files transfer from another computer properly, and then fact that there's no file manager system, means that for my purposes they are useless.

If all I were using a tablet for was watching movies or some crappy social media shit whilst languishing on a couch/toilet/bed, then fine, it's a prime device for such media consumption.

But as a computer the size of a pamphlet that fits in my bag amongst my books and folders and allows me to do the shit I do with ease? Nope.

The ipads that make little sense to me are the cellular variants. They seem like chill at home devices rather than things you'd want to take with you daily.
>>
>>55116127
>Seems like you could get even an iPad mini 4 and a waterproof treatment for the price of the Sony anyway though.
If ios suits your needs. I've found that the x23tabc to fit that niche made by my nexus 7's.

>I think phablets seem retarded (pic related).
By phablet I of course meant something like the nexus 6p or some samsung note's.
But yes, I travel mostly around asia and your pic is not all that uncommon a sight (though it's still stupid). Massive honking phones on the other hand are de rigueur.
>>
>>55111348
It already happened. Oled is now cheaper to make than TN.
>>
No reason to have a tablet if you have a laptop and like it. I have a tablet because for home use my desktop is better and at my job, having a tablet is a way to have info at hand because I work outside of a table.

I also travel a lot so a tablet let me read or watch stuff while on the ride.

Tablet + desktop beats laptop though unless you need to carry a notebook for work for some reason.
>>
I travel for work and have a work laptop. My employer is a nazi about what personal things I use my laptop for and thus I can't use it to watch media while traveling. I use a Google Nexus 10 to watch Showbox ripped movies and to cast them on my hotel TV.

I bought a tablet for 500 bucks 4 years ago, 0 regrets.
>>
>>55116279
>muh file system

Get with the fucking times grandpa. Air Drop, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, direct FTP server etc
>>
>>55116532
Fuck off
>>
>>55116557
Haha it's not 2010 anymore dipshit. We had this same conversation back then and you lost then just like you lost now
>>
>>55116591
Can't lose an argument you never started. Telling you to fuck off isn't an argument, you fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>55115553
How's your iPhone doing? :^)
>>
Im thinking about getting an ipad when i have the money, using it while laying in your bed is just enough for me or watching streams youtube while in the bath
>>
>>55116800

Do it. I honestly barely even need a laptop anymore.
>>
>>55116800
>>>/fa/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: 20160428_161345.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160428_161345.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
ThinkPad tablet 2 for $120 and a dock (didn't come with power adapter) for $37. I use the same 20v power adapter for my x200 that i use for the ThinkPad tablet 2 dock.

Win 10 is great. Use it as a thin client. Micro USB charging doesn't work, but the dock charges it fast. Great 3piece laptop. In love with the form factor. Atom processor and the m2whatever ssd are shitty, but windows like works itself out and performance has improved from when i first had it.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 125x126) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 125x126
>>55116885
>>
>>55116924
>589g
in the trash
>>
>>55117302
Yeah, it's not light. Tbh, it's more of a 10inch business laptop than a tablet. I just wanted to flex it ;)

Trackpoint or bust though; the keyboard is another huge plus for the tablet 2.
>>
>>55110960
heh
>>
got the shield tablet and controller and I'm having a blast with it. connect it to my smart tv downstairs and it performs oh so much faster than that shit built-in, plus the built in mic in the controller makes it easy as fuck to search for shit.
>>
>>55116532
Not to mention jailbreak, iFile, scp
>>
I fell for it. Dropped 600$ on a galaxy tab s 10 inch. Worst purchase ive made in the last 5 years. I can't tell you when the last time I used it was.
>>
>>55115553
Holy fuck that glare. How do you even see anything when there's any source of light within 200ft of you? Makes me seriously appreciate the antiglare coating on my glossy stuff.
>>
>>55110603
I use my Tab S daily. Usually in bed to read manga, or a book or watch a show on the home server. I also use it to keep recipes, light browsing, and bike repair manuals. When I'm going to out and expecting to wait for something (doctor's appointment, DMV, etc.) I bring it along. I used to replace undergrad textbooks and access online casebooks in law school as well (old Asus transformer).
>>
Fell for the $20 Fire more than I fell for the tablet meme. Hard to say no to a device that can run CM12 for that price. Mostly used in bed for reading books at night and news in the morning. Also good for flights with no power outlets where my thinkpad would die too quickly.
>>
>>55118127
jailbreaking stopped being relevant when iOS7 came out. also shit is all chinese backdoors now
>>
>>55118461
The fuck are you on about? iOS 7 was shit till I jailbroke it.
>>
>>55118486
you're retarded. jailbreak offered nothing you couldn't already do with stuff off the app store.
>>
>>55118505
Are you fucking kidding? iOS couldn't do anything including stuff on the app store compared to post jailbreak. Fucking moron.
>>
>>55114102
Do you need a subscription for iptv? Any valid .m3u sharing site?
>>
>>55110603
>What do you use your tablet for?

chinese girl cartoons, chinese girl comics, chinese girl games, hot glue threads on /gif/
>>
>>55118535

I'm curious to know: what things is jailbreaking good for, as of iOS 9? I'm not trying to call you out, I'd really like to hear your opinion. I only use tethering and Fortune.
>>
>>55119470
I honestly couldn't answer that, iOS 7 is the last version I've used. No clue what's changed since then.
>>
>>55119489

I actually kind of hate that I'm stuck on a jailbroken version. I hate not being able to update. That kind of shit was why I left Android.

Alas, if I want that sweet, sweet unlimited tethered data, my hands are tied. I have no option but to jailbreak.
>>
>>55119617
Really? I upgraded to iOS 8, hated it, and downgraded back to jailbroken iOS 7. Maybe things have changed, but I could not stand unjailbroken iOS.
>>
I use a 9.7 iPad Pro for everything I used my laptop for - emails, word processing, basic video editing, reading ebooks, simple photo touch ups and messaging.
>>
>>55110603
IF I had one I would probably use it as a touchpad for my desktop.
>>
>>55119635

What did you do with your jailbreak that was so different?
>>
>>55110642
Question. How can I stream videos from my HDD to my phone?
>>
snapchat
>>
>>55110603
comfy couch posting in talkback treads
>>
>>55119775
Not the same anon but most file managers will provide for streaming. I use ES File Explorer.
>>
>>55111697
Yea this seems like a good use. When my phone is charging I don't use it because I dont want to wake up with 10% battery for whatever reason
>>
>>55119775

The nicest and most full-featured way to do that is Plex. It's effective, aesthetically pleasing, and uniquely cross-platform. It does, however, cost money. I find it to be worthwhile, but that's for you to decide.
>>
>>55119756
>added an extra row to my homescreen
>removed app labels
>added an extra icon to the dock
>pirated apps
>SSHed into my iPod
>used aptitude
>had a file manager
>sped up the unbearably slow animations
And that's just what I can remember a couple years later
>>
>>55119801
How would that connect to your computer?
>>55119818
Hmm I see but I rather not pay monies.
>>
>>55110603
Taking notes. Got a one with Wacom digitizer and a big screen for that.

>tfw my kernel has no support for loop devices and I can't chroot GNU/Linux
>>
>>55119824

Fair enough. None of that stuff is particularly interesting to me, but it was clearly interesting to you.

For what it's worth, I find file managers to be an overstated problem. Not a non-problem, mind you, but an overstated problem. Properly used cloud storage goes a long way towards filling the void left behind by a file manager. It's mildly annoying being unable to open most files from Safari, but it's not a problem I encounter terribly often.
>>
>>55119838
>How would that connect to your computer?
Do you not understand how a basic home network works?
>>
>>55119864
Half asleep sorry mate.
>>
Tablets are exclusively for homosexuals.
>>
>>55119864

Just answer the question, faggot.

SMB. It shares files with other computers the same way all Windows computers do: via SMB.
>>
Shitposting, watching shit in bed, GPS, fapping, FB/instagram creepin.
>>
>>55119882
>Just answer the question, faggot.
If that's the attitude you're going to take while asking for help? No. Fuck off.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160617-041131.png (143 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160617-041131.png
143 KB, 1440x2560
>>55119864
Am I on the right direction. Also, do I make my PC visible in my network?
>>
>>55110603

When travelling, watching movies on a bus. Thats basically the only use they have. Better battery life than my laptop, easier to handle and small. Good for travelling, not good for anything else.
>>
>>55119858
Trust me, once you speed up the animations you'll hate stock iOS with an undying passion. You've got a jailbreak right? Try out Accelerate, I think that's what it was called.
>Properly used cloud storage goes a long way towards filling the void left behind by a file manage
I'm against cloud storage in genera, I don't have local storage just so I need to download everything whenever I want it anyway. Plus keep in mind this was an iPod, not iPhone. I didn't have Internet everywhere I went.
>>
>>55119895
>do I make my PC visible in my network?
Not necessarily. Just need to know the IP address and the username/pw. Oh, and share the files you want to stream.
>>
>>55119910
Ok ok. Where do I get this info?
>>
>>55119894

I didn't ask the question, you subhuman trash. I just called you a faggot for shaming his ignorance, and then answered it myself.

If I asked the question, why would I answer it as well? Jesus. With those reading comprehension skills, how did you avoid getting held back in school?
>>
>>55119940
You get the IP address from your wireless server. I hope I don't need to tell you how to get your username/pw from the file server.

>>55119945
Still don't take orders from a dick. You can still fuck off because of your attitude.
>>
>>55120027

You don't need to take orders from me, shitstain, because I already did your job for you. You're petulant *and* worthless -- an unfortunate combination.
>>
>>55120027
I dont have a wireless server
>>
I bought a tablet to use because laptops aren't aloud in my army
>>
>>55120062
Someone needs his nap.

>your job
And a brain. Its not even an obligation.
>>
File: well there's your problem.jpg (37 KB, 498x308) Image search: [Google]
well there's your problem.jpg
37 KB, 498x308
>>55120064
>>
>>55119895
>ES file explorer

chink botnet
>>
>>55120119
How do i set up net work?
>>
What are some good windows tablels that don't cost a fuckload but have expandable storage?
>>
>>55110603
Fapping while shitting
>>
>>55110603

As a screen to browse 4chan, watch YouTube and play hearthstone.

It's pretty comfy
>>
>>55119824
>>added an extra row to my homescreen
>>added an extra icon to the dock

retina display iphones (at the time ios7 was new) and ipad 3/4 aleady provided 5-6 rows and a extra icons on the dock

>>had a file manager

haha no. LOL.

>>SSHed into my iPod

deprecated by AirDrop and as already pointed out (this relates to previous point) most apps that could actually use file management already had some sort of option for that built in (dropbox and direct FTP server)

>>pirated apps
>>used aptitude

NOT WORTH the inherent security risk (backdoors, compromised apps). not being able to do online banking, use a non-throwaway iCloud account, lose piece of mind to do secure e-mail, etc just to pirate apps - not worth it!

>>removed app labels
>>sped up the unbearably slow animations

lol autism
>>
>>55121909
>>>/g/csg/
>>
>>55119818
Plex is FREE. you only have to pay if you want to use their cloud based account management features which are completely unnecessary. Playback can be done in a browser so you don't even need to use their app to play on a phone/tablet.
>>
>>55110603
I use my Nexus 7 exclusively for porn
>>
>>55110603
>What do you use your tablet for?
browsing, watching movies, reading ebooks
I use it pretty rarely though because my PC doesn't have bluetooth and I'm usually too lazy to plug it and copy stuff
>>
I didn't realize how worthless tablets were until I actually had one.

Gaming? Worthless trash.
Browsing? Email? That's what my phone is for.
Music? I'd rather use my phone, or hell, maybe even a Sansa Clip+
Notes? Complete shit, pencil and paper can't be beat.
Videos? If I am at home, why would I ever watch shit on my tablet when I have a 40' flat panel and a comfy chair in front of it? If I'm not at home, then I can't really relax and enjoy the video so why bother watching at all?
Books? I have a Kobo Aura HD for that and it does a much better job than my tablet ever did.

The only real niche for a tablet is reading Manga or PDFs (because PDFs suck on e-ink). The use case is just too small. My tablet ended up being used solely for browsing sadpanda while laying in bed and browsing 4chan while I was on the shitter. After I broke the screen for the second time I decided not to repair it again. Anyone got any fun ideas for how to use an old tablet battery?
>>
File: image.png (235 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
235 KB, 1536x2048
Anything i want
>>
>>55110603
Playing cytus
>>
>>55119895
You can use UMS (Universal Media Server)
>>
>not enjoying the Surface Pro
>>
bought a tab s for reading my lewd cambodian rice paper drawings

much better than reading on the computer
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.