[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
share your tech related grand fuckups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
>few years ago, working at a small pc store in a shopping mall
>client comes up with a pc for a simple format and reinstall, no big deal
>I take it and plug it in to see its state
>now the fun part, he didn't tell us he brought it from the US, and the old psu was set to 110v
>needless to say, as soon as it gets power from 230v, psu explodes in a marvelous display of smoke
>our local circuit breaker didn't trip, one of the main ones does, power goes out on half the mall

Had a fun time explaining the managers what happened. At least the guy assumed it was his mistake for not warning us
>>
>>55106947
I installed Gentoo once.
>>
File: mikrowavenigga.jpg (58 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
mikrowavenigga.jpg
58 KB, 600x800
>Laptop has a bad speaker on the right side
>annoying
>decide to take it out
>open notebook
>has to be flipped upside down
>remove the speaker on the right side
>assemble everything again
>tries audio
>right speaker is the only one left
>mfw i removed the good one
>>
File: z3YmTQs.jpg (2 KB, 114x124) Image search: [Google]
z3YmTQs.jpg
2 KB, 114x124
>13 years old
>no technical knowledge whatsoever
>hear about ram
>all I knew is that it would make your pc faster
>Google "download ram free"
>download something
>4 viruses by the end of the day
>Mfw I remember how retarded I was
>>
File: haxors.jpg (41 KB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
haxors.jpg
41 KB, 720x300
>>55107157
>>
>>55107157
>somewhere around your age
>some more knowledge than you but not much
>format computer after it gets infested from fuck knows what, guess my sister downloaded some weird shit
>try to make it more secure this time
>first thing I do after spending 5 hours hunting drivers and installing updates and everything is to pirate and install Kasperski
>pirated Kasperski is full of viruses and malware
>can't even get antimalware software to run
>have to format everything again
>>
>>55106947
>responded to a craigslist w4m post with my actual email address instead of a throwaway
>all the spam belongs to me now
>>
>hard day of collecting cow hides
>head over to varrock west bank to sell them
>guy offers me a free armor trimming service
>i give him my equipment and he logs out.
>>
>Young and trying to get dial up to work
>Just to test getting a dial tone enter a random number
>999502376
>"999"
>Next day get a visit from the police asking about a pair of silent phone calls to the emergency services.
>>
I installed linux once thinking it would be good
>>
>>55107037
Lol, get cucked.
>>
>>55106947
I just failed to git clone a stupid folder and downloaded the entire AUR's "pkgbuild.com" pkg repository.
>>
>>55107570
Kek
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.