[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asus and Msi accused of sending out modified 1070/80 to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: MSI-GTX-1080-review-vs-retail.jpg (192 KB, 800x494) Image search: [Google]
MSI-GTX-1080-review-vs-retail.jpg
192 KB, 800x494
Asus and Msi accused of sending out modified 1070/80 to the press.

Is this normal practice?
If you are buying Nvidia or AMD will you still buy from these two manufactures?

http://videocardz.com/61121/asus-and-msi-accused-of-sending-modified-cards-to-the-press
>>
Like that's going to make any difference, and you could just overclock it anyway.

How fucking retarded are you niggers anyway? This is common practice and it's done to be able to differentiate the pre-release cards from retail.
>>
>>55106860
Then why lie in the first place if its no difference? Also my card can OC but I leave it at stock. Not everyone over clocks.
>>
>>55106838
I have no doubt that Nvidia and their partners would like to manipulate reviewers but this is just way too small of a clock speed difference to even be worth the effort. It's a ~1.5% clock speed advantage.
>>
>>55106838
>Is this a normal practice
It is when you experience the gameplay with nVidia.
>>
>>55106838

fucking wew lad, they overclocked it a whopping 13 mhz
>>
>>55106838
>>Is this normal practice?
it's barely legal, but all manufacturers do that.
>>
The card on the left is clocked 2 clock bins higher, Maxwell and Pascal have 74 clocks speeds each with their own voltage and clock speeds and each jump is done at 13mhz.

The card on the left has the bios set to two higher clock bins than the retail board, 26mhz isn't going to give you even 0.3FPS in any benchmarks game, also there is a change that the review is using the OC mode which usually clocks the card to 2 or 3 clock bins higher.

>The cards TechPowerUp has been receiving run at a higher software-defined clock speed profile than what consumers get out of the box. Consumers have access to the higher clock speed profile, too, but only if they install a custom app by the companies, and enable that profile. This, we feel, is not 100% representative of retail cards, and is questionable tactics by the two companies.

Just like I thought, retards complaining again.
>>
>>55109250
Problem is it's not the only cards, and one of the examples I checked was a 270X with a 40mhz difference. That chip only stock clocks at 1ghz. It's been going on for years.
>>
woah here goes your 3 fps off your animu.
fucking retards.
>>
>25MHz
>You don't even get 1 FPS faster
>People getting mad over nothing

Stupid people are the doom of us all
>>
File: g1.png (187 KB, 1413x411) Image search: [Google]
g1.png
187 KB, 1413x411
>>55109333
Theres no problem at all, all vendors that do this market the higher OC mode and they even include their software in the driver cd installation.

Quick example, to get that slightly higher clock you need to install the gigabyte software.
>>
>>55106838
I don't give a shit because any decent reviewer will also post the overclocked results where the scores reflect the clock speed of the card if they somehow failed to provide the test conditions of the default card setup in the first place. Clock speed is something you can alter yourself, something like temperatures and heat are not which are the criteria I'm going when purchasing GPUs, especially since there seems to be a very hard limit to how much you can push Pascal at the moment. Also what >>55109250 said.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.