[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Windows 7 >install Word and Excel 2016 because it has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: tem.png (34 KB, 679x386) Image search: [Google]
tem.png
34 KB, 679x386
>Windows 7
>install Word and Excel 2016 because it has a lot of useful new features I could use for work
>suddenly 5 new separate processes turn on without even starting my new installed programs
>new services installed
>onedrive starts uploading all my files
>have to spend entire night removing all the backdoors and literal malware the microsoft software installed as extra
>Firewall and mbam didn't detect any of this
>Word and Excel don't even work anymore
>Wasted time and theres probably still some spyware left running somewhere that I didn't find.

Jesus fucking christ I hadn't realized it was this bad. Looks like i'm going back to using protable office 2010. Guess I should also start learning how to loonix and gradually switch.
>>
Gradually switching is not the way to go. Dual boot and use it exclusively for a week. You will pick up the majority that you will need to know, then you will see how shit windows is in comparison (except for gaymen).

Just download the xubuntu iso and run it live for a while, check it out, see if you think it's your thing. If you care about Spyware it probably is something you can see the benefits of.
>>
>>55106212
This. However I personally learned the most about linux while using it for a server.
As for distros, here's my few picks:
Xubuntu 14.04 (stable, easy)
Linux Mint 17.3 (stable, even more easy)
Fedora (less stable but more ahead with software versions, and has less systemd-induced issues compared to other distros)
Also do not use Xubuntu (or any Ubuntu) past version 14.04. Their move to systemd has been rather buggy and it won't give you a good time.
>>
>install Word and Excel 2016 because it has a lot of useful new features I could use for work

What are those? I might should try them out, my windows already downloaded the huge ass setup files, it is just waiting for my approval.
>>
>>55106400
Excel 16 has a bunch of additions to pivot tables including a lot of sorting options which weren't there before. Dashboards appear to be way faster to make too. I used it once and it was surprisingly good compared to '10

Word integrates excel better and has more formatting options though I'm not sure what more it can do since they seem to be impossible to use without spyware
>>
>>55106167
2007 office was the last good office
>>
>>55106363
>Their move to systemd has been rather buggy and it won't give you a good time.
Nonesense. There is literally no change for >90% of users, even so-called ´power users`.
>>
>>55106167
>Install Windows 7
>It updates for 6 hours
>>
>>55106167
> he doesn't use sandboxing
> current year
>>
>>55107636

>Allowing windows to update under any circumstance
>>
>>55106363
Also try out arch, but instead of going insane trying to install it manually, just use architect.
>>
>tfw STILL can't find an Office 2010 copy that'll stay activated forever
>still have to "activate" every 6 months
>>
>>55108520
Have you tried Microsoft toolkit?
>>
>>55106212
I kind of did this.

I actually used Linux on my laptop for a few years just because I didn't do much except browsing and uni work on it. Then, I decided my next desktop build would be a Linux build. I dual-booted, but used Linux exclusively for a while. Since I already had a bit of experience (I'm still a Linux noob, even today) the transition was easier. I ended up almost never booting into Windows and have been using Linux as my primary OS for over a year and a half.

I even do most of my gaming on Linux. The last time I booted into my Windows install was a few weeks ago to play Path of Exile (used to work well with Wine, but the last major update fucked up the performance).

I do keep a Windows VM that I open up sometimes, but only for specific applications, so I'm virtually always in a Linux environment.
>>
>>55108520

KMSpico
>>
>>55108520
just use the portable version
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.