[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are I/O requests sent to the drive started instantaneously? Or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1465055981951.jpg (80 KB, 556x1445) Image search: [Google]
1465055981951.jpg
80 KB, 556x1445
Are I/O requests sent to the drive started instantaneously? Or does it take time for the drive to actually START processing the request. If so, what is that time called?
>>
Your question sucks because it can be interpreted in 10 ways, so there:

Just as instantaneous any other processor instructions - they start when processor begins executing instruction, and end before the processor start executing next.
>>
>>55104637
if you are using a spinning disk all io operations are sequential so there may be a wait time.

SSDs are sequential as well I _think_. So same applies here.
>>
>>55104637
THat image is so true - piracy is for the retarded
>>
>>55104678
>I AM SILLY
>>
>>55104670
So basically latency?
>>
>>55104678
>piracy is for the retarded
Why would I pay for overpriced shitty softwares when there's always a better alternative?
>inb4 gaymen
>>
>>55104708
yeah but trying to explain in more precise terms as to why "it take time for the drive to actually START processing the request"
>>
>>55104726
>>55104708
and it's not even latency - latency is the total read / write time.

this is the wait time in the io queue
>>
>>55104709
It's like you didn't look at the image at all
>>
File: rapidofuriosoFail.gif (2 MB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
rapidofuriosoFail.gif
2 MB, 245x200
>>55104637
This image is stupid.

If I could duplicate food like that I would solve world hunger. no one would give a shit about the people who made the food. If you could duplicate bikes people would use the materials to make all kinds of shit from the metal and such, free metal after all.

Also, piracy isn't theft it's copyright infringement. They made the law for a reason, use it for Christ sake. Stop trying to make it sound like a big deal by using a word that normies understand easier, if they gave a shit they would know what it means.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.