[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: g930-gaming-headset-images.png (39 KB, 521x342) Image search: [Google]
g930-gaming-headset-images.png
39 KB, 521x342
I figure this is tech related.

My Logitech g930s are finally dead and since I have ath m50s is like to get a standalone microphone. Problem is my apartment has allot of background noise that my g930s picked up and I assume a real microphone will do it even more.

What's the best under$100 microphone that would avoid background noise with pretty good audio quality. I use discord and Skype mostly.
>>
Was told dynamic is best for reduction in noise. Anyone try the atr2100.
>>
>>55103133
That is generally true, but most of the great dynamic mics you'll find will also need you to get a separate audio interface for connecting and powering (since they're XLR microphones). There's a well reviewed Shure SM-58 clone out there which is super cheap and leaves room in your budget for an interface. If you want to stray outside of that, however, you've got less reason to trust the reviews. It comes down to how much of a stickler you are for quality. I suspect you don't have a reason to care that much.
>>
I have a blue snowball. Shits really good for what I paid. Might look into those.
>>
>>55103341
Heard they pick up background noise like crazy. I have a lot of it here so i'd like to avoid that. The sound quality is on point for the price though.

>>55103228
I just want to remove as much of that noise as I can. Have to put gain super low on the g930 to avoid it and it still got through sometimes.

Is there a better interface than the Scarlett 2i2 for that price? Assuming I can get one around $99. Since I can use it with my headphones as well I assume it's not a bad investment for better recording and sound quality since i'll use them daily.
>>
>>55102863
The logitech G933 is pretty sweet, i have it and i'm enjoying it a great deal.
>>
>>55103405
Mine has 3 settings. You can pick and choose according to the enviorment. However it's fairly quiet where I'm at. Once while streaming it did pick up a truck passing down our road. So yeah. It's powerful enough to catch things like dogs barking and what not.
>>
>>55103405
The 2i2 is a good choice. Wish I could remember the name of that SM-58 clone though. I'm sure someone on /g/ does.

Don't forget room noise. The new mic will help a lot but reflections are always your enemy. Think about what sort of shit you can put on floors and walls, even if only in strategic locations.
>>
>>55103451
>logitech G933
I'd just buy another pair of the g930s because I love them but i've got those m50s with large over ear pads and figure if I get a better mic I can have better audio quality at the same time.

>>55103452
Guess I could have clarified yeah there's a lot of dogs barking here. Walls aren't paper thin but I can hear them pretty well and it gets picked up on my g930.
>>
>>55102863
If you have noise issues the mic is the best way to go. Make sure the mic has unidirectional sound then make sure that it is pointing at your face.
>>
Anyone know what mic do most of the streamers use?
It's a small beige mic that you wrap around your head
>>
>>55104154
I thought most streamers used audio interfaces + yeti pro or more $$$ microphones. No idea about a beige mic you put around your head.

>>55104108
Que cosa?
>>
File: vapenati0n.jpg (67 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
vapenati0n.jpg
67 KB, 512x512
>>55104154
>>55103492
+1 on 2i2 or the new solo one its just one input but cheaper.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.