[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Extreme cooling ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: ld-pc-v10-phase-change.jpg (81 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ld-pc-v10-phase-change.jpg
81 KB, 1024x768
So I thinking about getting back in the game and working on a new dream PC and this really going at it for maximum OC and parts. But before I drop like $4k on components I wanted to kinda catch up on the tech since I'm not really knowlegeble about desktop hardware vs software these days.

I did water cooling in the past and I didn't have any issue with it. Even still I was running a EVGA gtx 480 and I still ran into thermal bottlenecks. It probably didn't help that I had it on the same loop for the GPU as well.

I saw a case that has built in phase change cooling but it was pretty expensive at aprox. $280. It also doesn't have a sink for video cards either. Does anyone here do bellow ambient temp cooling and if so any ideas to chill a video card loop? I was thinking about a seperate phase change unit to chill coolant dedicated just for the GPU which aside from that would just be another run of the mill water cooling loop.

Here's the case I'm looking at.
>http://www.ldcooling.com/shop/l/85-ld-pc-v10-phase-change.html
>>
>>55100920
>Extreme cooling ideas
liquid nitrogen is used in overclocking competitions
>>
>>55100920
why? are you a child or a manchild?
>>
>>55100988

Why do you care fag?
>>
>>55100955
I know about it, but that's way beyond my capablities and also its not a method that you can run stable for very long.

I forgot to mention that case I looked at is prohibitbly expensive. But I am looking for a case that can accomdate something like a phase change unit.

>>55100988
I don't really know, something about cooling below ambient has got my intrests.
>>
>>55100920
$280 and you get that neato cooler with it? That's a steal of a deal I'd say. Look at the price of some other highend cases that are just a metal box.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.