[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>First week on IT job (as a programmer) >You find out you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
>First week on IT job (as a programmer)
>You find out you don't know SHIT

Like "oh you know PHP/Java/C#, that's cute, you are hired, but you are gonna have to learn to use all of this frameworks, we also use this and this particular software/platform of our own, here, have this dozen of books of 500 pages each and have fun.

It's fun, a little overwhelming and at points stressing, but fun, coworkers are very friendly and help out a lot (I'm lucky there), is this a common thing when you start working as a coder?

Actually I'm not even coding yet, not possible when I still don't even know the framework very well, I'm just trying to.. get a grasp of how everything works and touching stuff.
>>
That describes every job ever
>>
get your fuckin blog off /g/ holy shit what do you think this is
>>
>>55098360
>impostor syndrome
fun fact: you never stop feeling that way
>>
>>55098379
Nah, if your job is installing OSs and configuring subnets or being a sysadmin or whatever as long as it stays within standards you shouldn't have to learn much.
>>
>IT
>programmer

stop that
>>
What do you know so far anon and what is your greatest project?
>>
>>55098360
"Programers" BTFO. Computer scientists realize that quality design concepts are implementation agnostic and laugh at you all day long. Learning new languages/frameworks is a bare minimum elementary tasks for real professionals, pajeet.
>>
>>55098360
That's what you want. This is what I got:

>First week on IT job (as programmer)
>You find out you're better than 90% of your team
>Waddle in shitty code up to your armpits
>Learn basically nothing new

I quit after a year. I never should have waited that long.
>>
>oh you know PHP/Java/C# ,thats cute ,...
this sounds like some HR story.
Fuck off,only females use "thats cute" expression .
>>
>>55098360
not your blog. better try tumblr
>>
>>55099198
In what kind of place?
>>
>>55098360
>looking for a IT guy
>hire him because he knows PHP/Java/C#
???
>>
>>55098555
>>impostor syndrome
if you're actually good at your job and doing something worthwhile you never feel that way
meanwhile useless retards need to diagnose themselves with a mental condition to pretend they aren't useless
>>
>>55099260
Dunning-Kreuger effect. If you're actually good at what you do you're smart enough to know what you don't know, and how much it dwarfs what you do know. Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge, as Darwin said.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.