[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tired of my dead-end job that i got straight out of highschool.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Tired of my dead-end job that i got straight out of highschool. What certifications are worth getting these days? Im more aiming towards small time computer repair (like a mom & pop shop) for experience, but Im open for anything if I can get a certification without going to school.
>>
Bump-o
>>
If you can't find out what certs are worthwhile and which are dead-end via the greatest research tool known to mankind, maybe the tech field isn't for you. Scratch that. The tech field definitely isn't for you.

The entire field is basically about research. Applying the knowledge that you researched. If you're too lazy to use one of the multitude of search engines that exist to search something like "worthwhile IT certs 2016" then you aren't wanted.

You will be the pajeet (literally or metaphorically) that people hate working with. You will be the retard that asks questions to co-workers that you could've just googled. You will be the guy that fucks up a customers computer or a clients software/website and cost the business money. You are not worth hiring. Become a plumber instead.
>>
>>55096205

>computer repair
>not dead-end job
>>
>>55097495
>being this mad
Im just asking for onichan's opinion
>>
>>55098111

Learn FORTRAN and Cobol. Thank me later
>>
>>55097495
>if you can't use google then you can't be in the tech industry
and I thought people were joking when they were talking shit about entitled millenials
>>
>>55098254

He means that if you can't figure out basic shit like this on your own, how are you supposed to do your job? A lot of it will involve finding answers that you don't know, often by googling things and doing your own research. Unless you were talking about the OP?
>>
>>55097853
>Louis Rossman
>not a millionaire
>>
>>55098254

Not the anon you replied to, but searching is a critical skill for any programmer. I can't tell you how many times I've had to search up error messages at work. No one honestly cares as long as the project gets done.
>>
>>55098254

What are you talking about? How is what I posted in any way indicative of me being entitled?

The OP is the definition of entitled. "Hey /g/ do all my research for me I want a better job thx"

I'm entitled for not wanting my field saturated with idiots completely devoid of any research skills? Even skills as simple as "load Google, type question?" Fuck outta here.
>>
>>55098426
>how am I entitled
>my field
You realize that /g/ is in itself a "research tool" right? It may shock you, but some people like to use multiple sources, and gathering opinion from a message board counts as a source.
>>
>>55098549

>definitely not the OP
>promise :^)
>>
>>55098584
I am the OP and you are a faggot. Why is everyone assuming that I didn't Google this shit? I'm gathering information and Google doesn't talk back to me.
>>
>>55098614

To actually answer your question, it depends on what you want to do. Most certification authorities offer certs for specific lines of work. Like, if you want to be a router jockey in someone's corporate basement, you will probably not need Server+. Microsoft certs are shit btw
>>
>>55098657
Thats why in OP I said computer repair. Thanks for the info though. Why are microsoft certs shot? No one recognizes them?
>>
Op asked for an opinion to an audience that for the most part probably works in that field.

Let's not all get butt hurt now.
>>
>>55098584
>using the smiley with a carat nose
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.