[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you written a virus yet /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
Why haven't you written a virus yet /g/?
>>
>>55095458
no where to discuss malicious programming
>>
Im not called Russki Prusski or Ching Chong
>>
http://virus.enemy.org/virus-writing-HOWTO/_html/
>>
>>55095458
I don't know how. Also it doesn't seem like a very fun activity to me.
>>
Because it's a felony in the united states.
>>
>>55095590
No it isn't, it is a felony to distribute them to unknowing victims. As long as it is white hat it is legal.
>>
>>55095458
I have
It was a shitty little program that ran in the background and copied itself into every drive that was inserted in the computer. It constantly ran in the background and slowed the computer down.

I made it to catapult my computer repair shop business by slowing all computers in the town so that people upgrade often
>>
>>55095768
What happens if it accidentally leaks onto the internet?
>>
>>55095458
i did in the late 90s/early 2000s
>>
>>55096089
The one who distributed it to the public would be in trouble
>>
>>55095896
Did it work?
>>
>>55096142
How do they prove it wasn't you?
>>
>>55095458
I have, all it does is send an email to all of your contacts and deletes system32, only works on windows 7 computers and its boring cause you never can see peoples reactions when it deletes syestem32. wrote it when i was 15, looking back i was actually retarded cause there was literally no point to it, i never plan on doing it again.
>>
>>55095458
I was in the VX scene for years.

I wouldn't recommend doing it now, because >>55095590

Much of the art has gone from it. There's a lot of criminals doing fraud and extortion now, a lot of spies and law enforcement taking over PCs. None of that traditional digital lifeform stuff.

Sapphire was the last piece of true art I think I saw.
>>
>>55096253
please cont. on your time in the vx scene, not being a cunt but i would actually be interested in hearing about it.
>>
>>55096253
Are you the one they call 4CiD BuЯN?
>>
>>55096147
No
At most I infected 5 people and then I realized how fucking stupid the whole plan was. I stopped after that. But yes the virus by itself worked well
>>
>>55095458
the one time i did it trashed a whole computer system and as a result the company had to revert to using papyrus
>>
Yes, it was something similar to this >>55095896
Except that it did work, i did it by infecting every computer in my school (which wasn't hard, considering these POSs didnt even have an AV and our teacher was plain stupid) and since i was the nerd/fat guys with glasses/nerd in my class everyone would come to me to fix it up.
I didn't make much out of it, but enough to buy something to eat at school (we were very poor at the time, good thing shit got better)
>>
I'd like to give it a shot. Currently reading >>55095539

Seems like a fun project to learn more about system security
>>
>>55095896

That is such obvious bullshit
>>
File: 1429028623200.jpg (9 KB, 285x270) Image search: [Google]
1429028623200.jpg
9 KB, 285x270
>>55096507
i bet you managed to bring dire straits to their environment
>>
>>55096161
You don't, burden of proof is on the accuser.
>>
File: poor-child.jpg (96 KB, 724x720) Image search: [Google]
poor-child.jpg
96 KB, 724x720
>>55095458
because it's way more fun to make apps for toddlers that have microtransactions in them.
>>
>>55095458
It's more profitable to write quality non-malicious software.
>Why haven't you robbed a liquor store?
>I own the distributor you visionless degenerate.
>>
>>55095458

I reverse engineer malware for a living.
>>
File: 12219664-large[1].jpg (26 KB, 380x252) Image search: [Google]
12219664-large[1].jpg
26 KB, 380x252
I have.

I'm a disruptive technologist

A disruptive technologist is someone that takes an existing technology and turns it into DISARRAY and UPHEAVAL through technology.
>>
>>55095458

Because I'm not an edgy mcedgelord
>>
>>55095511

Plenty of places; best place to get into Hell but idk if their applications are still open or not? you have to bring something to the table however
>>
>>55099207

*is Hell
>>
>>55096957

damn it feels good to be a gangster
>>
>>55099108

And modern rootkits are complex beasts that take a lot of time to develop and test.
>>
>>55099136
culture jamming
>>
>>55095458
I reverse mobile TrustZone Kernel's for a living.
>>
I'm gonna see if I can make and study an exploit for coreboot/libreboot to help them out.
>>
>>55096253

What, if anything, do you know of J35T3R?
>>
Is OllyDbg comfy?
>>
File: gaykiller.jpg (38 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
gaykiller.jpg
38 KB, 800x500
>>55099207
>>
>>55095512
>>
>>55095458
general security has gotten decent enough that the weakest link in any system worth infecting, is a person. it's just easier to call someone and confidently lie your way into getting whatever info you wanted. writing actual viruses is just for pajeets and russians recruiting more zombie nodes for spam networks.
>>
The only malicious-ish code I ever wrote (a LONG time ago) was a VB 6 program that opened the CD ROM drive at random time intervals. Used it to spook my grade school teachers.

Later, I kept it on a USB Hacksaw on my keychain, so I could "infect" random people's laptops, library desktops, teacher's computers, etc. Many yuks.

I rewrote it in Python 3 a little while ago to spook some profs.

# be sure to compile in pyinstaller with '--onefile --noconsole'

import ctypes
import time

waitTime = int(75)

print('Begin looping!')

while True :

print('Opening drive.')
ctypes.windll.winmm.mciSendStringW('set cdaudio door open',
None, 0, None)

print('Waiting ' + str(waitTime) + ' seconds.')
time.sleep(waitTime)

print('Closing drive.')
#(shouldn't matter if it's a laptop drive)
ctypes.windll.winmm.mciSendStringW('set cdaudio door closed',
None, 0, None)

print('Waiting 3.5 seconds.')
time.sleep(3.5)
>>
>>55100248

immunity debugger has a python engine attached to olly 1.1 code, but neither support 64 bit binaries
>>
>>55096253
ask me how i know that you are full of shit.
>>
>>55103355

how do you know oh wise one
>>
>>55096508
Nice one
>>
>>55100248
its fine but its just old
im hoping the upcoming debuggers will be just as successful
im using x64dbg and its pretty allright

>>55103307
immunity just doesnt start on the 3 pc i tried
>>
>>55095458
I'm no longer in high school.
>>
>>55095458
I wrote a COM parasite once but it didn't actually search, it just infected against a single filename, and the basic idea was pretty much stolen from the ambulance virus after reading the disassembly

I also never released it
>>
Because I don't use Windows and I don't know how to develop software for Windows that uses the WinApi.

If anything id probably use leaked sourcecode or pay money for something good, much easier than writing your own piece of shit.
>>
>>55103019
I've seen a program like this before, except it was a much shorter bash script. Very funny after a while.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.