[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Built new gayming rig a while ago >Ready to play all of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
>Built new gayming rig a while ago
>Ready to play all of these games which I wasn't able to play at a decent graphical fidelity before

>Lose interest in video games over night somehow

What the hell do I do with this now?
>>
>>55094441
4k anime?
>>
Create more of these shitty threads that are posted 10 times every day
>>
>>55094449
>4k anime
>it ends up being upscaled 720p again

sasuga
>>
>>55094479

There are actual 1080p anime out there.
>>
>>55094441
you were actually interested in getting them to work well
now that they just work well on their own they hold no entertainment value
>>
>>55094441
You realized that it made no difference and the games still suck.
Learn from it and don't update your PC again if the only reason is to play games.
>>
This was me around Black Friday 2015. Wanted to get back into PC gaming, bought all the ingredients for muh rig on sale, played with it for a few weeks, and then went back to doing things my T510 would have made quick work of.

New games all seem pretty mediocre.
>>
>>55094441
sell it at 40% loss
>>
>>55094441
Mine butcoins if that is still viablw
>>
>>55094441
Install gentoo with mad compile times
>>
>>55094888
>>55094999
Nice repeated digits
>>
>>55094441
train deep neural networks with your high powered graphics card
>>
>>55095092
this
make an auto-tagger for hentai
>>
Crack hashes for money
>>
>>55094441
Sell to a normie at 50% gain, which will still be cheaper than a gaming pc
>>
Start programming or something. I have a games on mine. But nothing to graphic intensive and all strategy. So if you're still looking for a game I at least recommend Stellaris. But I'm in the same boat as you. $1000 down the drain. Should have got a mac or something.
>>
> get recommended all high end parts for gay men PC
>ask for gaym reccs
>all recommendations are shitty steam Indy games

why the fuck would I want shitty as SNES graphics shit after getting recommended a high end machine
>>
I have a 980 ti and all i play is dota 2 a couple of hours a week
>>
>>55094441
wait a while
interest may come back
>>
>Built computer 4 months ago
>Don't play anything, just shitpost about Trump on laptop

Where did I go so wrong?
>>
>build a monster gaming desktop
>video edit and make music on it instead
Hey, thats pretty good!
>>
>>55094441
>Built a gay-min' rig
>Use it for programming, making music and editing videos instead
Fuck
>>
>>55095197
i'm not sure where you got your information from, but we only discuss high end mpv machines here
>>
get into VR and just chill
>>
>>55094441
BOINC
Join the actual botnet
>>
>>55094441
wait a couple of months, maybe is something temporarily, if not then sell it and buy a chinkpad
>>
>>55097862
>>55097904
What the fuck are you "video editing"?

Every other asshole in a thread about graphics cards or gaming pcs or whatever claims that they do "video editing".

What?

Anime music videos?

Wedding tapes?

Watch me react to 2 girls 1 cup?
>>
>>55094441
Play a new game. Preferably one that doesn't take up too much of your time. I tend to ger sick of those
>>
>>55094441
Your goal was to be able to run'em, not play'em
>>
>>55099008
YouTube videos anon
>>
>>55099008
this has to be bait
>>
>>55094441
Well, what do you like to do now? Sell the PC and spend the money on a new hobby.
>>
>>55099008
This
>>
>>55094441
Sell it. You can make decent money building PCs for normies that are tech illiterate.
>>
File: 1453767912309.gif (491 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1453767912309.gif
491 KB, 500x366
>buy PC parts in 2013
>intend to use them for gayming
>played sims for a while
>stopped immediately
>never play any games after that
>ends up being browsing/shitposting machine

flash to 2016
>make a steam account
>buy MGSV when it was 50% off
>only play one hour
>......never play it for 5 whole months
>COULD get refunded considering it's over 2 months but I still have 1 hour of use but no option to refund the money back to my bank account
>don't bother anyway, back to using it as a shitposting machine

why do I even

well that was $750 + $30 wasted
>>
File: 1465718077554.jpg (142 KB, 1524x899) Image search: [Google]
1465718077554.jpg
142 KB, 1524x899
make a bunch of webms with sound and up them to /wsg/
>>
>>55094441
>He fell for the PC gayman meme
>>
>>55094441
There are no good games to play on PC.

Even the "good" games like Metal Gear Solid V, Dark Souls 3, Street Fighter V, and Doom are highly derivative of games that have come before. If you've played their predecessors nothing will feel new.

Games which are not sequels and updates are just trash for the most part.
>>
>>55100706
play some games you lazy fucker
>>
>>55099008
youtube videos? fuck, anon.
>>
>want to buy a 1080 when non stock coolers go on sale
>only 3 games would make it better than my 780
>still only relatively play either a 16 year old game or an 8 year old one
>Tfw nothing looks good in the future
>>
I did this, thought I wasted $1500 freedombucks, but now I just shitpost and do everything I want normally, and if I want to try out a game it's just a little perk to be able to slide everything up to Ultra or whatever and see what it looks like. I mean the games still suck and I get bored super fast but it's nice not to have to worry about "omg can my toaster run this shit".

Was it worth the cash? Nah. Is it kinda cool now that I already have it? Sure. Just keep doing your thing.
>>
I'm in a similar situation, I've been saving up to build gayming pc, but I feel it will happen the same as with OP, the reason for this is that everytime I turn on my PS3 I just play for about 15 minutes and then feel like I'm just wasting my time and then turn it off. I though it was because I didn't have any new games since GTAV but I don't know.
I was thinking in buyin a 2DS instead to save money, and if I didn't like I just could give it to my nephew.
>>
>>55094441
I did this a few years back and just stopped upgrading my computer

I think I'll sell it to my cousin now and replace it with a mini ITX build
>>
>>55099008
vaporwave
>>
>955, 7870
>Only regularly play 1 pre-2012 game + older games
>Occasionally play a new title
>Hardware can barely run new games
>Hardware can't do the actual work I want to do
>Upgrading isn't worth it for gaming

At least I bought all my components on sale, used or refurbed for cheap
If I had the money back then I probably would have blown 1k+ on a build and wound up where I am now
>>
>>55095203
no shame man, you can probably play that at 150+ fps with a 144hz monitor and make it look fucking smooth as shit, i cant even run it at 50fps medium-ish settings
>>
>>55097925
this
>>
>>55094441
Sell it and hit the gym
>>
File: why_even_live.jpg (7 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
why_even_live.jpg
7 KB, 240x210
I built a pc a couple months back but since I don't have a job yet I can't play any games. I so badly won't to (I have the money in my bank acount as savings) but if I did that then I'll only be spending money and while generating no income.

Life sucks atm cause no gym also.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.