[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holes for fans in the front panel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 81Y1WN5qksL._SL1500_.jpg (569 KB, 2624x1588) Image search: [Google]
81Y1WN5qksL._SL1500_.jpg
569 KB, 2624x1588
Hey /g/, I'm a giant console Idiot and just have a quick stupid question.

I want to buy a case and I've found one that has holes in the front and one that doesn't, i suppose the air is sucked from the bottom or something.

Does this make a huge difference in cooling?

I'm confused since I'm seeing High-End PCs with and without a solid front.
Now I'm wondering if this actually has an effect or is just cosmetic.

Pics are what i would like to buy
>>
It makes some difference, but it's not an huge one.
However, I see those are the bitfenix comrade and neos, and neither of them would be my first choice by far.

What is your budget? I take it you're looking for understated looks.
>>
>>55090058
no holes on the top or front that case looks pretty horrible for air flow. Find another. Whats your budget?
>>
>>55090128
I made my choice really, i like the look
>>
>>55090162
Don't have a fixed budget, but won't really pay more then what this costs (50€)
>>
>>55090187

Just from memory I can think of the Corsair 100r as a decent choice in that price range. Better airflow and cable management, and easier to build on.
>>
>>55090174
What graphics card and cpu?
>>
>>55090174
screw the look, guts are whats important
>>
>>55090255
waiting for the rx480

some amd cpu, no idea which
if you could tell me which one is good with that would be great, i won't have to do another thread later on then
>>
>>55090289

Where do you live btw? I've seen some cases exclusively on certain countries, depending on vendor
>>
>>55090324
germany
i've found the case in the op so that's not a problem
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1281) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1281
>>55090058
I have a case suggestion for you.
>>
File: 1450558198822.jpg (56 KB, 382x358) Image search: [Google]
1450558198822.jpg
56 KB, 382x358
>>55090437
w-why?
>>
>>55090341

Good to know, even though I'm not german, I order all my parts from there, market is cheaper so there's plenty of choice.

Corsair 100r like I said earlier, fractal design core 2500, aerocool 800, among a few others.

If you can however stretch it to 60€, the bitfenix shinobi, contrary to the 2 you posted, is a pretty sweet choice.
>>
>>55090452
I'll propably buy the neos, I just really like the look
>>
>>55090452

Forgot to say if I had to choose between these, probably the fractal
>>
>>55090479

If you like it then by all means, go for it, but we warned you: ergonomics wise it's bad, and the cooling performance is simply horrible
>>
>>55090058
I'd usually advice to buy a case with more options for future changes (room for radiators, more fans, etc.) but for 50 bucks I guess it doesn't matter that much.
bitfenix cases don't have the best airflow but if you don't plan on overclocking very much it won't matter.

only advice I have is to buy used. you can make some good deals and they're usually as good as new.
>>
>>55090547
Sorry I'm really don't know anything.

Does this mean it will be loud or actuallly overheat with an rx480?

Also what do you mean with ergonomics? I don't care about cable management if that is what that means
>>
>>55090633

Cable management, ease of build and maintenance, basically everything that involves messing with it.
There's no way to know how it will handle a 480, it's not out yet. But I do know amd cpu's in general get pretty toasty in it.
>>
>>55090778

Not to mention the bundled fan is commonly reported to be loud as fuck. Read a couple reviews about the neos and you'll see what I mean
>>
>>55090799
And with the shinobi i won't have that problem?
Not really convinced about the corsair (yes because of the looks, sorry)
>>
>>55090836

The simple fact that it's all around bigger and has more fan slots makes it a much better choice.

Funny and sad thing I noticed: here in Portugal I can grab an NZXT S340 for 70€, which is a fantastic choice if you don't need a dvd drive, so I figured you would have it cheaper. It's actually more expensive over there.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.