[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo NX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_20160615-122954.png (171 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160615-122954.png
171 KB, 1920x1200
What kind of shit hardware can we expect this time?
>>
File: nintendo_nx.jpg (58 KB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_nx.jpg
58 KB, 1200x674
It's already confirmed to have 5K output
>>
>>55089093
Who cares? Nintendo caters to family fun and group entertainment. They're don't need l77t haxxorz gfx because their target audience isn't looking for that.

As long as it's an improvement from the previous gen no one gives a shit.
>>
>>55089093
All I want are fun games.

Numbers mean nothing to me.
>>
Nintendo consoles are always in an affordable price range, even if this means somewhat older hardware. Nintendo also makes some money by selling the console.
So it will probably have the power of what you get for 350 or something around that.
>>
Considering Zelda is on it as well as the WiiU, it's probably going to be above the WiiU but still near it. So probably below Xbone.
>>
>>55089093
It seems someone mistakenly wrote MFlops for the Wii U instead of GFlops. Everything I am finding is pointing towards the Wii U being 50% more powerful than the PS3/360, which would make 352 GFlops believable. 352 MFlops makes no sense at all.
>>
>>55089171
Except the WiiU isn't cheap, it still costs 260 while ps4 and xbone are 299 . Also 3DS is very expensive for what it is.
>>
>>55089210
Yes it should be gflops
>>
>>55089236
That's right but Microsoft and Sony are selling the consoles with a lost while Nintendo actually makes a profit with every sale.
>>
>>55089210
If it wasn't GFlops it'd mean the Wii is 30 times more powerful than the WiiU.
>>
Depending on what NX is.

We've been told that NX won't be a WiiU successor, which means it won't necessarily be a home console, nor a portable console, maybe something in between.

It doesn't mean it's going to be more powerful than a WiiU, maybe even less, they probably have a gimmick in mind for the console.

Anyway, a next gen Nintendo console would probably be a bit above the PS4 in performances.
>>
>>55089271
Its actually the other way round.
PS4 and xbone are extremly cheap to make and they would probably still make profit if they were sold at 199$.
>>
>>55089311

It's not the other way around. Nintendo never sells consoles for a loss, even when they should.
>>
>>55089093
probably a quadcore zen CPU with an equivalent to a low-mid end polaris GPU
>>
It's going to be difficult for them to pull out anything worth buying at this point. It used to be where people just bought their consoles for their titles, which to be fair is really the primary reason, but now all they have to offer is already available in other platforms. There is literally no point to this new platform and the only thing they have going for Wii U is zelda.
>>
NX will only have one teraflop - itself.
>>
>>55089171
>Nintendo consoles are always in an affordable price range

The GameCube was Nintendo's last piece of hardware where that was true. The 3DS and both Wiis were/are massively overpriced considering the hardware inside.
>>
>>55089316
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-25-nintendo-admits-wii-u-to-be-sold-at-loss

http://ps4daily.com/2013/11/playstation-4-cost-to-build/
And that was at launch, since then price for the gddr5 used in it alone went down by more than 70%.
Got to commend Sony and MS where its due, while lacking in the power department they made a pretty good choice of hardware when it comes to cost, especially when you consider that all parts it they use went down in price over the course of the last 2 years.
While the gamepad in Nintendos shit alone costs already 100$+ to make.
>>
>>55089113
The Wii U was an improvement over the Wii and people didn't give a shit about the Wii U.

Unfortunately, Nintendo didn't produce enough design innovation with the Wii U for the masses to give a shit and the fact that it's still using a CPU that's virtually the same as the CPU found in the Gamecube and the Wii, (remember, the Gamecube is 2001 tech,) despite the fact that it's GPU is about the same as the 360/PS3, and said CPU is still PowerPC, while Xbox and Playstation have both moved on to x86, meant that the ease of porting to platforms with the same architecture as the computer you're developing on and the use of next-gen engines that require decent specs to be used to its fullest meant that third parties had a lot of an easier time developing for Xbone and PS4 than Wii U.

Which meant less games, which meant less people giving a shit.

I kinda wonder if the reason there isn't that much to do bit run around in the new Zelda game is because the commitment to the Wii U is handicapping the game. I mean, doesn't it take a lot out of the Wii U to render a Skyrim-like world as it is, let along put much in there?

But of course, I don't know shit so maybe I got this all wrong, I dunno.
>>
Nintendo is about having fun and being as cheap as possible.

Its for the children, not gamer enthusiasts.
>>
>>55089346
I ain't even mad that's 10/10
>>
>>55089433
There was a time when Nintendo had the only gaming platform people didn't see as a complete joke.

But then again, this was back in the days when a woman could see Homer Simpson playing a video game and say, "You. A man of your age. You should be ashamed of yourself!"
>>
There's the rumour that it got delayed production because AMD pressured them into using newer graphics e.g. Polaris, or something of the sort. I wonder how that worked.
>>
>>55089481
(Well, the only home gaming platforms, I guess.)
>>
>>55089488
Which system?
>>
>>55089421
The Wii U is a good console. All of the best consoles are power pc including the Xbox360. Just being PowerPC alone doesn't make something "outdated". It's not like it draws more power than a gaming PC anyways.

Lazy devs just want convergence is all and people like Rockstar still can't even get the ports right from SonyXbone to PC come on now. The problems that plague the Wii U are

>no 3rd party support
>NOA butchering 1st party games
>>
>>55089534
>NOA butchering 1st party games
>Adjusting sexist Japanese bullshit so it doesn't offend our superior Western sensibilities is now 'butchering'

Fuck off, gamergate.
>>
>>55089644
>our superior western sensibilities

You lost me there. In what whack ass world do we have "superior sensibilities"? Do you think the best state of humanity is where we are permanently wearing diapers and crying for every little thing that's not exactly as we want?
>>
File: cute.jpg (34 KB, 563x701) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
34 KB, 563x701
>>55089644
>>
>>55089687
It's where we realize that all people are created equal and we shouldn't exploit or discriminate against others based on their gender or skin colour.
>>
>>55089712
Like you are?
>>
>>55089644
>muh sexism
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>55089712
>egalitarianism
Top kek, comrade.
>>
Is it going to be announced today? I don't follow video games or E3.
>>
>>55089534
No third party support really kills it. Because if you're not going to have that, you better work fucking hard on providing yourself, and in the last 2 years they kinda provided less content and less quality. It would have made much more sense for the Wii U specifically to have a great 3rd party support.

I mean sure, I understand the whole thing about not having another little PC with the same games as the rest, like the PS4 and the Xbox One are (if you look around the number of exclusives for each is really small compared to multiplatform titles) but they still have to keep their platforms alive.

I mean zelda must be gorgeous and all you want, but that alone isn't gonna save the company at all. They already butchered some of their bigger, classic IPs as well. They have a long way before they can even be relevant again.
>>
>>55089802
No. People expected that yesterday but instead it was just zelda talk.
>>
>>55089833
Anybody who expected that is dumb. Nintendo said ages ago that the NX wouldn't be at E3 and the only new game they'd be demonstrating is Zelda.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-says-nx-will-not-make-an-appearance-at-e3/1100-6439253/
>>
>>55089481
>But then again, this was back in the days when a woman could see Homer Simpson playing a video game and say, "You. A man of your age. You should be ashamed of yourself!"

But that's still the case. If you're a grown man playing video games then you're fucking pathetic
>>
>>55089848
Then again, half of that statement was wrong anyway.
>>
>>55089093
Oh look, another shitty, thinly-veiled /v/ thread.

Well, see you again in 3 years.
>>
>>55089932
>thinly veiled
>>
>>55089893
>playing video games is worse than sitting on the couch watching sports
>>
>>55089893
If you're a grown man doing anything that requires a choice you're pathetic. Stop being so uptight.
>>
>>55089346
Underrated
>>
>>55089093
I just hope for a lesser gigaflop than the wiiu was
>>
>>55089157
Then buy a console for playing games.

Nintendo is a toy company.
>>
>>55090133
When was the last time you had fun?
>>
>>55090156
When I fathered your wife's son.
>>
>>55090196
So never
>>
>>55089093
My R9 290X has 320GB/s on it's memory. So the Scorpio has 1250mhz Vram/ram? How cute.
>>
>>55090196
Dad?!
>>
>>55090156
I ran over a dog the other day and then backed over it to finish the job.
>>
>>55090133
this generation again Nintendo will be the only with an actual console. Others are just low-end PCs
>>
>>55089433
Kill yourself
>>
>>55090133
What do you think games are? Not toys?
>>
>>55089534
The 360 was PowerPC, but this was before the Xbone and PS4 used x86, which I think made devs lives easier. If you have three big money-makinh platforms, (Xbox, Playstation, and PC,) be easy to develop for, why support something that's harder? Also the Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U PowerPC CPUs were all way weaker than the 360's PowerPC CPU, making it even harder to develop for when companies have moved onto engines that use more processing power, I think. The PS3 used the Cell processor that was a bitch to program for, (and remember, the PS3 struggled at first for a while,) but at least it could handle the standard tools used by developers at the time.
>>
>>55089093
The NX is a platform, not a single device. We know for a fact that one, or likely all devices, are powered by an Nvidia Tegra SoC. Reportedly a new Pascal based part.

I'd count on a tablet, and maybe a little compute stick/dongle that plugs into a TV and makes use of a wireless controller.
Performance will be better than the WiiU/360/PS3, but honestly who even cares. Its a machine for kiddy games, and now mobile kiddy games.
>>
>>55089093
At least the same power as the old PS4
>>
Ain't the XBONE S supposed to have slightly better specs?

I wonder if it can maintane 30fps without dips.
>>
>>55093147
Probably slightly tweaked clocks:

"When we made changes to the box for 4K we unlocked a little bit more processing power to enable HDR. That's it. It's exactly the same architecture as the existing one," Xbox exec Albert Penello told Eurogamer. "To support HDR, we give people access to a little more CPU and GPU. That's it. It is so insignificant. I promise, it won't even show up. It will have no impact on games at all. Literally no impact. They will be identical. It's nothing, it is literally nothing."
>>
>>55093205
DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>55090297
>implying the NX won't be on par with the current xbone and ps4

nintendrones are a real sight to behold
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.