[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Brendan Eich's resignation as Mozilla's CEO justified?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: logo.png (56 KB, 267x272) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
56 KB, 267x272
Was Brendan Eich's resignation as Mozilla's CEO justified?
So he made a donation to opponents of gay marriage. That was in 2008. Maybe his views changed, or maybe not. But he was opposing gay marriage, not their right to employment. Maybe it was a personal donation and not a corporate support. Is it justified then, that his career took a hit because of his personal views? Isn't a person entitled to his views?
>>
>>55089085
He's entitled to his views but not immune to the consequences of them.
>>
>>55089085
I have no idea what happened, or who that person is but if your workplace is forcing you to follow their views that is a really important problem that needs to be addressed. I provide labor, they give me money and I do whatever I want with that money is what the contract should be (I'm not sure if it should be different for a non-profit) anything else sounds quite dystopian to me. "We give you money, but you can only spend it in the ways that would please us." this is the most frightening thing that can happen to already terrible relation between employee and employer. At this moment you might be rooting for gay rights but you don't know what your company would want to support in the future.

According to the Supreme Court spending money is a kind of way to express your opinion, so I might be wrong but it is protected under free speech.

>>55089099
This is exactly what they say when they fire gay employees. Truth cut both ways and you should take everything into consideration.
>>
He's the CEO. It's literally his job to be the squeaky clean perfect face of a large corporation. Even when he's not running the company, every part of his life is going to be scrutinised by every journalist looking for a scoop on their shit website. In exchange he was probably given a six figure salary.

His non-liberal history was giving the company a bad image, so he was let go. No other way around it, really.
>>
>>55089248
>His non-liberal history was giving the company a bad image
I thought it was shitty code and retarded support that gave Mozilla bad image. Thanks for enlightenment.
>>
>>55089506
That's not true as far as I've observed from /g as people here seem to not like Mozilla with the basis that it is SJWFox.
>>
>>55089085
He was basically a fucking terrorist. Good riddance I say.
>>
>>55089085
Yes, just look at his new browser. God, I don't want to imagine what he would have done to Firefox had he not resigned.
>>
>>55089570
It's just the vocal Google shills. Most of /g/ actually uses Firefox.
>>
File: 511957.png (1 MB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
511957.png
1 MB, 960x960
>>
>>55090141
Considering Firefox is a SJW brownser and most of /g/ is GNU/Linux users (who act like SJW) it's hardly surprising to see that, also not something to brag about.
>>
>>55090191
>Firefox is a SJW brownser
How? Does it block websites that it does not agree with? It's just an Internet browser and Mozilla does not gain anything from you using it.

And how is any other browser better? Google recently removed an add-on that was highlighting (((jewish names))). It has its own "SJW" groups. But apparently that doesn't matter?
>>
>>55089506
>shitty code
Opinion is kind of divided on his deeds and ability as a programmer. On the one hand, he created JavaScript. On the other hand, he did it in 9 days, from soup to nuts, so he could land the patch that saved us from something possibly much crazier and worse.

He's the Hank Pym of the industry. A rotten guy, but still a hero.
>>
>>55089085
Or maybe... MAYBE. He's another male victim of the mass-invasion from scorned-fishmouthed SJW feminists into software projects. And his jobs 'rapists' are more bigoted as he is. No matter how left-righteous they are.

Why the fuck would anyone care about Anti Gay Marriage groups anymore. You can get gay married now in America. Its over.
>>
Yes, a CEO is a public figure and the representation of a company or brand. If they do something unseemly or against the social norms, they are negatively affecting the brand and company, which is cause for termination.

Good riddance to dumbass homophobes.
>>
>>55090233
That should read
>On the one hand, he created JavaScript
>On the other hand, he created JavaScript
The current JS infestation is one of the worst things to happen to web design. Besides, nobody is using just JS, everyone loads at least a few libraries or frameworks to make it usable (jQuery, angular.js, or some other shit).
>>
Forcing him out basically killed the browser.

>>55089099
His political views and donations should not have an effect on his job unless he starts mixing the two. Last I checked, there was nothing stopping homos from using firefox.
>>
>>55090257
If only you were in Orlando
>>
>>55090262
I mean, I can't really spin "creating Javascript" as a good thing, except that he did it in 9 days starting from a blank page, and the alternative would have been even more horrible.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.