[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /g/ents. What are some good resources for python? Some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: pycharm.png (224 KB, 1921x1080) Image search: [Google]
pycharm.png
224 KB, 1921x1080
sup /g/ents.

What are some good resources for python?

Some decent tutorials and lessons?

I've done some searches, but I am using py3 and most are written for py2 with a great deal of frustration as syntax has been changed.

Thanks...
>>
>>55087992
> Some decent tutorials and lessons?
Mark Lutzs 'Learning Python' and 'Programing Python'
>>
>>55087992
Just code monkey around, you won't make anything decent with python anyway
>>
Wait. Did you just buy an ide for a language you don't know?
>>
>>55088009

Thanks anon.

>>55088018

Eh, easy to learn, right?

>>55088023

No, I have a free educational license. They give out annual license if you have a .edu address.
>>
>>55088029
>No, I have a free educational license. They give out annual license if you have a .edu address.
Link?
>>
>>55088009

Found it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Y-n6IlHYliSXZxMk0xT0NSY1E/preview

Rock on anon.
>>
>>55088018
>you won't make anything decent with python anyway
my hero
>>
>>55088062

https://account.jetbrains.com/login

Sign up with .edu account. It will apply license to products you they allow for free.
>>
The official tutorial in the documentation is actually the best I could find. Also, Dive into Python 3.
>>
There's an introduction to computer science and Python course on edx currently but they're using 2.x, still might be nice for some general learning though.
>>
>>55088071
How to obtain .edu account?
>>
File: muripo_neet[1].jpg (38 KB, 798x350) Image search: [Google]
muripo_neet[1].jpg
38 KB, 798x350
>>55090941

>How to obtain .edu account?

you know the answer to that, anon.
>>
>>55091292
I'm a doctor that lives in a third world country.
>>
"Automate the boring stuff with python"
>>
>>55092149
Thanks
>>
>>55087992

python 2.7:

print foo

Python 3.x:

print(foo)

congratulations, you can now use those python 2.7 tutorials. Any other differences won't matter too much to a beginner.
>>
>>55088071
>up with .edu account. It will apply license to products you they allow for

Thanks, I just signed up and downloaded.
>>
>>55087992
Do programming interview questions in the language and read the documentation. That's how I learned.
>>
I haven't been in touch with Python for a while, is 2.7 still the goto standard or are people finally adopting Python 3?
>>
>>55093457
2.7 is still the standard as far as I know, but there isn't a huge difference between 3.x and 2.7 as far as I know. If you can write 3, you can probably write 2.7 without much (if any) trouble, and vice versa.
>>
>>55091384
Then move to a better country Pajeet
>>
GNU/Linux
>>
>>55093740
You must think it's very easy to do that don't you?
Besides I'm from finland.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.