[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RAID enclosures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 71HkwKiM4PL._SL1000_[1].jpg (147 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
71HkwKiM4PL._SL1000_[1].jpg
147 KB, 1000x1000
Has anyone had any experience with these raid enclosures?

I really need a lot of storage, and while I'd totally just build a nas and use a software solution I'm gonna be stuck with a laptop and well I'd like to have a somewhat small enclosure for all my storage.

I was gonna buy the WD My Book Duo 16TB but they apparently use some nonsense hardware encryption that can only be used in their enclosures.

So, I'm looking at getting one of these Mediasonic raid enclosures and just filling it with some drives.

Will these eat my files?
>>
>>55083816
>I'd totally just build a nas and use a software solution I'm gonna be stuck with a laptop and well I'd like to have a somewhat small enclosure for all my storage.
so what. there's ITX cases with four drive bays. Bump it up to uATX and you can get six. It ain't big, even in a cramped college dorm, and it'll be a proper computer that can host other services, use ZFS/btrfs, etc.
>>
>>55083880
A nas would probably still cost more than one of these.
>>
>>55083880
The size is a real problem to be honest I'd like it to be small enough to fit in a suitcase, hence why I was originally looking at the WD My Book Duo.
>>
>>55083949
I hope you're not planning on putting anything with hard drives in it in checked baggage on an airplane, whether self-built or prefab.
>>
>>55084001
TSA checking your things, yeah I know about that.
>>
>>55084022
no, not that, it's that they throw that shit around like a cheap football. You'll arrive with dead hard drives.
>>
>>55084072
Yeah, but I honestly have no fucking clue what else to do.

I'll have to pack crazy well I guess.
>>
File: 2015-12-11-792171.jpg (460 KB, 689x1103) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-11-792171.jpg
460 KB, 689x1103
/DataHoarder/ General?
>>
>>55084449
he's a pretty small-time hoarder if he's only in the market for four drives desu
>>
>>55084524
But its the spirit that counts!
>>
File: sphk.jpg (2 MB, 1748x2480) Image search: [Google]
sphk.jpg
2 MB, 1748x2480
>>
>>55084118
ship it to wherever you're going
>>
>>55084920
Probably gonna end up doing this.

Anyone heard anything about akitio?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.