[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: ian cunt destroyer.png (106 KB, 654x693) Image search: [Google]
ian cunt destroyer.png
106 KB, 654x693
Ian Cutress, the senior editor of AnandTech, BTFOs gaming "journalists."
>>
DOOM? What's the backstory?
>>
>>55083241
amd apu runs doom
>hurr durr every card can run doom
though he has a point im pretty sure high end inel igpus can run doom too
>>
>>55083241
I think it's referring to computex where AMD had a demo of DOOM on an rx 480 running at 1440p *on a 1080p monitor*. People became skeptical if it was actually running at 1440p since the AMD employees wouldn't let people mess with the settings.
>>
>>55083241
AMD is demoing Doom running on Zen with no discrete GPU at E3.

Some gaming "journalist" shit all over it like "hurr why is this news, my GTX 980 Ti can run DOOM fine."
>>
>>55083270
The iGPU in my skylake i5 can barely run Overwatch at 720p 30fps lowest settings.
>>
>>55083271
Never mind, >>55083273 is right. I was thinking of something earlier.
>>
File: hue.jpg (47 KB, 655x500) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
47 KB, 655x500
> he games
>>
>>55083658
>posts liz
>doesn't game
u gey
>>
>>55083295
which igpu is that?
also kaby lake will be mostly about igpu upgrade as well so its yet to see improvement by the time zen is here
>>
File: 1465868600385.jpg (141 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1465868600385.jpg
141 KB, 1024x1024
idk which way I'm supposed to read this shit
>>55083270
Holy hell that was actually an APU? Goodness lord that's some good stuff
>>
>>55083852
>Holy hell that was actually an APU?
Yep. AMD is finally fully embracing their niche of incredibly competent, price:performance cards. I'm sure they'll still care about the high-end, but they've finally realize that a vast majority of the PC userbase uses what's best and cheapest for what they want.

Unsurprisingly, very few people care about running games at le ebin max settings at 4k. They just want to have fun and play games, and being able to do that at a lower price point with solid performance is going to sell a lot.
>>
>>55083709
HD530
>>
>>55083904
I care about running games at max setting on whatever monitor Im using. Currently its an old 1680x1050, so my GTX 760 does that pretty much just fine. Im considering a monitor upgrade, but Ill probably just go with a decent 1080p one. That way I dont need two $500 plus cards to game with(like you would for 4K)
>>
>>55083936
Well Im sure Iris Pro 580 would be more capable than that. Chances are AMD was showing a high end APU too. Either way, this is good news for laptops because of space restrictions.
>>
>>55084062
Well obviously. I was only attempting to game on it because I built my computer and was waiting for the video card to arrive. Integrated graphics are good for what they're intended for.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.