[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk computer security in this thread. What do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
Let's talk computer security in this thread. What do you use? What do you recomend?

I stick to the old trustworthy malwarebytes. Amd recently stumbled upon this. Heimdal thoughts on it?
>>
I watch Matthew Knight videos for all my cancer needs
>>
Common sense 2016

I have malwarebytes in case I do something stupid, and in the event that I REALLY fuck up, I have everything neatly backed up and ready to restore
>>
>>55082990
I really need to start making backups and storing it on a harddrive. That's where I fuck myself.
>>
>>55083055

How do you hold the camera steady while you're doing that, Anon?
>>
>>55083078
Years of practice my young lad.
>>
File: 1461512828329.jpg (129 KB, 1510x1400) Image search: [Google]
1461512828329.jpg
129 KB, 1510x1400
Gentoo

No, seriously.
>>
File: 13307365.jpg (26 KB, 272x563) Image search: [Google]
13307365.jpg
26 KB, 272x563
>>55082945
I believe in security through isolation. Due to the current state of technology you cannot avoid using dangerous closed source software and habits. However It's upto you how seriously you are going to take your security.
Furthermore Privacy and Security althouh being correlated, are completely different thing. Sometimes you actually want your privacy to be breached to a certain extent to be secure from malicious attackers.
Here are my security advices:

Install GNU/Linux. Have MAC or RBAC enabled. Don't log in as a root.
Only install the softwares from your distro's secure repo
Use the Grsec kernel with PaX patches.
Use uBlock origin. HTTPS everywhere, Disconnect and Decentraleyes.
Use a Secure DNS.
Never keep yourself logged into anything.
If you want to compromise your privacy, enable two phase log in, However please do not link your email IDs as "referential IDs". Just make sure one email ID does not trace back to the other one you got.
Use a password manager. Best way is to maintain own encrypted spreadsheet.
Never use flash.
Install and keep firewall enabled at startup.
Keep bluetooth and printer service disabled by default.
Never give your windows VM any network access.
Do not bank or shop online unless you really have to. NEVER INSTALL YOUR BANK'S APP IN YOUR PHONE.
Randomly change all your 16 digit passwords. Use your spreadsheet to keep track of it.
Analyse your data traffic to check for network tapping.
Always keep a mirror backup of your data. Create your own cloud storage if you are really serious.
Lastly, only visit trusted websites

Reminder that there are malwares can exploit your host file system. Bidirectional file and clipboard sharing should be handled with caution.

>Protip:
You cannot "download" or "install" security
>>
>>55085215
Thank you for these tips, I will surely be using some of these!
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.