[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do-able is cancelling home internet and only using phone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1457881729188.gif (1 MB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
1457881729188.gif
1 MB, 300x196
How do-able is cancelling home internet and only using phone internet and wifi at hotspots when /out/?
>>
>>55080973
depends, what do you use the internet for at home?
>>
>>55080986
watching youtube, watching shemales / bbw, chan
>>
>downloaded 200 GB on my shitty Comcast connection yesterday
If I tried that on a cell network in the US I'd have to pay about 3000 USD.
>>
i knew a guy who did this.
he fucking hated it. stick with what you got if you can.
>>
>work at an isp

There are people on legacy plans that have 15Mb for £10 a month.
The fuckers are on rolling contracts and I tell them to never switch no matter what we offer. Not sure how long I'll last.
>>
You could try to leech internet off your neighbors if any of them have open WiFi.

Whatever you do, though, don't break into their WiFi. Even though you can break into a router with WPS enabled(90%+ of them) in under 12 hours, DONT DO IT. It is highly illegal and you will go to jail.
>>
>>55080973
>How do-able is cancelling home internet and only using phone internet and wifi at hotspots when /out/?

My hardline internet is spotty, 75mbps but ~100ms ping and drops out for a few hours every once in a while.

I have a t0mobile phone with unlimited data and a third-party tethering app connected to my router as a 4G modem, which switches in anytime the cable goes down.

I rarely notice the difference and typically rack up about 5-10GB per month. Ping is still ~100ms and speeds are good enough for browsing, torrenting shows and overwatch
>>
>>55081297
>t-mobile unlimited data
is it really unlimited or is there a big slow down after 20 gigs?
>>
>>55081236
>I'd have to pay about 3000 USD.
What a shit plan you have.

I would only have to pay 2000 USD.
>>
File: LTE_Yagi_Antenna_13.jpg (23 KB, 809x601) Image search: [Google]
LTE_Yagi_Antenna_13.jpg
23 KB, 809x601
A decent router and antenna will help
>>
If you're in the U.S., it's pretty doable with T-Mobile if you just stream video and music and browse the Web with adblocking.

Most major streaming services are now under Binge On and Music Freedom, and they can also be used on tethered devices without hitting your data.
>>
>>55081006
Totally doable.
>>
>>55081334
It's really unlimited, but I have heard this is not the case in certain areas.
>>
>>55081265
>>55081340
You guys are why I come here
>>
>>55081713
Binge On is 480p. My phone is 1080p.
>>
This is really the dream for me too. I work strictly online I can live wherever I want. I could be in a sailboat right now if there was an affordable and decent mobile internet
>>
>>55081340
Legitimate question, are you serious? I routinely go 100-150gb on my Sprint phone and I've never heard a word about it. Unlimited data for $100.
>>
>>55082263
sprint is CDMA
>>
>>55082285
Why is that relevant?
>>
>>55082329
s7 is gma
>>
>>55081283
how would you get caught?
>>
File: 5378085024.png (32 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
5378085024.png
32 KB, 300x135
How badly do you want to live in the dark ages ?

Does your cell provider offer unlimited data ? How fast is the speed ?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.