[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the XPS 13 worth buying over the Macbook? Only thing that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: ces-2015-dell-xps-13-8531.0.0.jpg (100 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ces-2015-dell-xps-13-8531.0.0.jpg
100 KB, 1600x900
Is the XPS 13 worth buying over the Macbook?

Only thing that really bothers me about the XPS is that fucking camera placement.
>>
>>55080457
Anything is worth buying over the macbook.
>>The MacBook Air and Pro are the worst buys in laptops right now.
>http://gizmodo.com/where-the-hell-are-the-new-macbooks-1781910047
>>
>>55080457
Yes. Buy the developer edition though for superior OS support.
>>
>>55080639
Standard XPS doesn't support Linux?
>>
>>55080896
Ive bought mine with windows 10 and installed linux later and everything worked out of the box but Ive heard some complaints of some people about wireless drivers.
>>
>>55080896
developer version is cheaper off ~100 bucks since no win there
and it's manufacturer installed, so expected to work flawlessly

but xps13 alone has pretty good linux support out of the box anyway

>>55081057
>but Ive heard some complaints of some people about wireless drivers
depends more on which exact wireless chip you have
>>
>>55080457
If you are definitely glued to the form factor, look into HP Spectre x360 2016 edition
>>
only if you plan on using linux. wif on the non-dev works fine these days.
windows touchpad drivers are 110% terrible.
>>
>>55080457
>over the macbook
lighter and shit

>over mba
more powerful
>>
Anything is worth buying over the macbook. The chuwi hi8 $100 tablet PC is worth buying over the macbook. It's that bad.
>>
>>55080457
A pentium 4 optiplex is better than a macbook.
>>
>>55082979
poorfag
>>
>>55083001
fag
>>
>>55082986
Kek, have one of those bitches in my closet.
>>
>>55080457

the camera only bothers you because it's not in the "spot" you were told that is the "standard"

turns out the camera is fine and if you say no you haven't used it and are wrong as usual.
>>
>>55082979
Kek. I have the chuwi hi8 and I have to say it's pretty good for $100. The battery is shit though.
>>
>>55083062
How bad? I was thinking about getting a chromebook but then I heard about the hi8. I'm not sure I want to get cucked to death by chrome os which I hear is worse than android on phones.
>>
As stupid as the gut reaction is going to be, buy a Razer Blade Stealth, instead.

Better processor and better screen, at the same price point. It just doesn't have the sexy as hell minimal bezel.
>>
>>55083116
They have the same processor.
They are about the same size but xps has a 13,3" screen while razer has 12,5"
Razer has rgb backlight while xps only has white
Razer has higher dpi
>>
>>55083107
Well I rarely use it off charger, but the few times I took it off the charger I get about 4 hours screen on time doing web browsing, watching YouTube
>>
Better then a macbook imo though macbook battery and trackpad is better
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.