[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USB Drive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0534.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0534.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
Hi /g/! I think I fucked up and I need help ASAP. Long story short, I needed some files for work that I went and got from my colleague's PC, BUT, after I got home and opened up my USB, EVERYTHING on it was gone. I had lost EVERYTHING. Is there any way I can return any files at all? I had files of big significance & it sucks losing them all.
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>55078365
>Is there any way I can return any files at all?
no.

now you know why you should have multiple backups of important files.
>>
>>55078365

what a cuck
>>
Uhh, did you actually move the files instead of copying them? Just email your colleague and have then sent to you.
>>
>>55078424
Colleague moved files into my USB.
>>
OP here. Does that mean my colleagues PC might have been infected with a virus or something? I'm having a hard time accepting that that could be the cause, idk why.
>>
>>55078455
maybe, but probably not. most malware these days encrypts files so they can extract money from you for the decryption key. just deleting the files wouldn't do them any good.
>>
>>55078365
If the files were deleted and the USB drive is still operational, try Recuva.

If the USB drive isn't working, you're screwed. Forensic recovery on flash media is usually $700-$1000 USD.
>>
>>55078365
> Store important data on a flash drive and only on a flash drive
WCPGW?
Now get photorec from cg security and run it on the USB drive. Since you're a lazy faggot and won't read the manual: Do NOT save the recovered files to the same drive.
>>
No, you're fucked.
>>
>>55078781
I got the photorec but it came in a zip file. What do I do?
>>
>>55079184
winzip it
>>
>>55079330
Done. Now what do I do?
>>
>>55079489
winrar it
>>
>>55078455
Wait wait wait. Turn on 'Show System Files and Folders' in Folder Options-> View. A malware makes files on Zip Disquettes system files and hides them. Saw it on a friend's Zip Disquette.
>>
>>55080044
Update. I recovered most of the files and I'm good now! Thank you anyways.
>>
>>55080069
Glad to be of any help.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.