[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC Building
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: meh.jpg (27 KB, 500x392) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
27 KB, 500x392
I can't afford a PC. What do?
>>
Don't build a PC.

OR

Earn more money.
>>
>>55075594
get a job?
>>
buy a 20 dollar shitbox off craigslist
>>
>>55075594
you don't need a PC, you seem to be using the internet without it anyway.
>>
just make one from scratch.
>>
Why do you even need a PC? I've seen homeless people getting by with the shittiest Android phones
>>
>>55075594
Get a job underage faggot
>>
>>55075594
Get a job. Worked for me.
>>
>>55075594
have you tried getting a job?
>>
>>55075594
buy a raspberry pi you nigger
>>
Don't buy one.
>>
Get a job hippy
>>
File: i5 4670k.png (620 KB, 1376x710) Image search: [Google]
i5 4670k.png
620 KB, 1376x710
Craigslist
>>
Get a raspberry pie 3 for 50 dollas.
good enough for office work.
>>
>>55075594
ask achmed the clock boy to make you one.
from what i've seen, his superior somalian IQ can do wonders.

on a side note, eastern europoor here, sometimes I know the feeling...
>>
>it takes at least 600 euros for a midrange computer
Fucking hell
>>
>>55075594
Neither could some of the greatest men in History.
It'll be ok.
>>
>>55075594

Dumpster dive an optiplex?
>>
Get a Mac.

Jk, in all seriousness, you could get pretty decent refurbished parts (outside of the power supply) for pretty cheap and build it or you can get a refurbished laptop with good specs and then upgrade some parts for pretty cheap too. No one is saying you need to buy a brand spanking new expensive pc.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-13-02-09-01.png (631 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-13-02-09-01.png
631 KB, 1440x2560
>>55076990
He can even make him his own cpu!
>>
get networked with local computer enthusiasts, and check the local online classifieds and e-waste places for a cheap one to start off with and see what you can work with. I built this fucker for $60 and a lot of it was salvage, trade (with items i had salvaged or given to me as hand-me downs), and get to tearing down everything so you can see what parts you can avail of. Pic related - this is a Compaq case (free - cast off from a friend), innards mostly from an old eMachine minitower (Acer, really, an AM3 MicroATX with a Dual Core Athlon II X2), 4 gigs of ram from a couple of sources, hard drive from an old laptop, optical drive from another old scrap computer, GPU i got from a guy who was selling it for $40 locally (traded for two older GPUs he gladly took to make a couple of CS:Go potatoes for relatives), and the PSU i had bought the year before for an older Dell i had around. Where i am to is not large by any means, but it took me from december to february to get this made, patience is a must. Plays Fallout 4 on medium as well!
>>
>>55077483
You used the Pontiac logo to make it go faster, you cheater!
Also, is that paper and cork as a dust filter?
>>
>>55077539
haha actually i call it pontiac, but yea it was missing the plates and had no need of the floppy drive (got an old dell with a working drive if i need to access floppy media) so i did that to keep the air flow regulated. I also made some ducting inside and added a few fans to help this thing keep super cool (GPU is now average 62C from a top temp of 80C). Im aiming to upgrade the Athlon II X2 220 to an X4 630 (usually around $40-50 on ebay, not bad) and then upgrading to a full 8 gigs of ram. the Zotac GeForce 630 GT 2 gig is a decent card for something that never cost me a cent. so with another $80 in parts, i can have a fairly decent gaming PC. Fallout 4 runs in 1360x768 on it.
>>
>>55077613
Ah, so it was cardboard. What OS is on it?
>>
>>55077716
yeah but it's an intake away from anything hot so it should be safe. I had Win7 but upgraded to 10 (i heard about the Xbone titles that were coming, so it will save me a few bucks so i won't need to go and buy one), and it's already running decently (i noticed a few FPS gain in Win10, as well as i did the optimization that TechYESCity showed, as this is strictly a gaming PC, i have other computers for day to day shit. I found that i lucked out with the case, as there were two USB 2.0 ports on the front for controllers and a keyboard. I boot it into Steam Big Picture usually.
>>
>>55077124
YES, Good suggestion
>>
>>55075624
Holy fucking shit...
>>
>>55075594
suck 1000 dicks for 1$/each
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.