[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am fresh out of college and have a Java Developer interview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Java Logo.png (4 KB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
Java Logo.png
4 KB, 207x207
I am fresh out of college and have a Java Developer interview tomorrow. I would really like this job as it pays well and it's something I want to do.

What are essential interview questions I should go over? Keep in mind it is a position for fresh college grads so they do not expect Java masters.
>>
>>55075292
you can't know what they will ask till you're there. I had a phone interview yesterday for a php developer job. most of the questions were me being asked about what i did in uni rather than what i know about PHP
>>
>>55075292
Spring framework, Hibernate framework and JUnit if it is anything web related.
>>
>>55076065
Of course you can know, just ask someone who has done multiple job interviews, the questions are always more or less the same.
>>
>>55075292
They will ask you some basic stuff, recursion classes and objects
>>
>>55075292
I have just a few months of Java experience and I had a job interview recently. They asked me e.g. about Java collections, the difference between ArrayList and LinkedList, the relationship between hashcode and equals, to describe the algorithm HashSet uses internally, the difference between an abstract class and interface, default methods. I was also asked many Spring and some SQL questions
>>
>>55076257
Just how often do you use HashSet in your java code?
>>
>>55076618
almost everyday
>>
>>55076735
noice
>>
File: TMLdod9.jpg (64 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
TMLdod9.jpg
64 KB, 600x563
>>55075292
>>
>>55076792
Java is good because it's fast, versatile, has a shitload of nice frameworks for everything you could imagine and frees you from writing menial memory management boilerplate. I don't give a fuck about working on different operating systems
>>
>>55076855
>Java
>Fast

Choose one.
>>
>>55076792
Java is like a condom.
-t.anon
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (53 KB, 590x832) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
53 KB, 590x832
>>55076896
nice meme. it's probably the fastest language that isn't compiled straight to machine code
>>
>>55076896
java is fast. maybe not like C++, but it's much safer and compilation is faster.
>>
>>55076855
But the working everywhere part is important.

You can't downplay that.
>>
>>55076991
you're right, I guess. I just didn't struggle with constant recompiling and rewriting unexpected parts of code to make it work on a different platform long enough to really appreciate that
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.