[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning HTML for extra income
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Dont open the door.jpg (34 KB, 500x709) Image search: [Google]
Dont open the door.jpg
34 KB, 500x709
How feasible is it to learn HTML and look for freelance work as a sidejob?
>>
>>55071524
Not-feasible at all
>>
By analogy, your question sounds like "How feasible is it to learn how to pour liquid into cups and look for part-time work as a barista?" What it's missing is the understanding of how much more is needed for that job and that pouring liquid is the tip of the iceberg. Same for HTML.
>>
>>55071534
Shut the fuck up bitch.
>>
>>55071524
Learn CSS and react.js too and you're good to get your dog figure salary
>>
How feasible is it to learn english so you can shitpost on 4chan?
>>
>>55071555
Six*
Six figure salary
Whatever
>>
>>55071567
I think you were more accurate using dog to describe the salary for straight webpage design. That pays pennies against all the competition in the freelance "gig economy." Full-stack makes good money, sure. Not maintaining the web page for a fucking non-profit or something which is probably the work OP would get.
>>
>>55071554
Only 12 yo fags talk like that
>>
>>55071612
Fuck off cunt.
>>
>>55071546
Yeah i understand that i'd also need to learn CSS and others but i wouldn't be looking to do big projects, just quick and easy ones that would pay decent relative to the time i'd spend on them.

>>55071555
Where are some websites to look into once i've learned everything i need?
>>
>>55071634
If you're willing to learn
- the additional coding skills (CSS, JS, etc.),
- extra stuff which clients may ask you to take care of like hosting, online merchant portals and so on, and
- ways to churn this stuff out extremely efficiently,
then sure, this could work out for you. I seriously think you need the full ensemble of stuff I listed to make it worth your time, however. You need to have the expertise to produce quality. You need to be able to accommodate scope creep because you can tack on extra charges for it. You need to be able to put the least amount of work in to get the most amount of results out.
>>
>>55071696
Ok, i'm already pretty comfortable with HTML and still learning CSS, but i'll keep those other languages in mind when i move on. Do you have experience doing freelance?
>>
>>55071735
just an FYI nobody would pay you for doing HTML/CSS coding.
>>
>>55071735
Not the gruntwork (though I can still work with the code if need be), but I have done contracting jobs in the past where I was responsible for getting an organization's online presence up and running. I'd be the one hiring the sort of freelancer you want to be. That's why I'm coming at it from the angle of what the person paying you wants to see.
>>
>html freelance job
Is it 2004 again?
>>
>>55071546
But that's literally all a barista does. Modern espresso machines take out the guesswork in measuring coffee grounds and making good shots.
>>
>>55071855
So you're saying they operate modern espresso machines?
>>
>>55071524
Sure, get started. You'll need to learn much more eventually but give it a go
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.