[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's that website you're working on that's going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: programming.jpg (646 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
programming.jpg
646 KB, 2000x1333
What's that website you're working on that's going to be the next big thing?
>>
>be me
>be yesterday
>want to try out nativescript
>apt-get nodejs
>npm install nativescript
>nope you need android sdk
>install android sdk
>nope you need jdk 8
>install jdk 8
>nope you need to update android sdk
>default options are shit
>22.3gb later
>use visual studio code for easy debugging
>install vscode
>nope nativescript extension on vscode
>create test app
>debug
>nope watch this video
>watch video; launch.json options appear
>nope you need gradle
>install gradle
>nope you need to create an avd
>create avd
>start avd
>nope the packaged libstdc++.6.so is bad use system libs
>ln -s later
>okay this has taken all day but i am ready and tommorow i will start
>tns create app
>tns platform add android
>tns debug android
>error device not found
fucking kill me
>>
>>55068562
A dating/match-making website and set of mobile apps for a niche that competitors a) don't know exists, and/or b) don't realize isn't actually part of the market that already IS over-saturated.

We've done our research, and it's ripe for the taking. There is demand for it, and the people who fit into that niche tend to be well-off, so they can and will pay for it.

It's fucking insane how much people are willing to pay for dating/match-making websites when they find it's the only one that caters to a unique criteria for them. Seriously, some of the most lazy, ugly, unusuable and borderline-broken dating websites out there net a surprising amount of clients and money.

I'm excited to see how our attempt at capturing a segment of the market will turn out.
>>
>>55068696
How do you plan to solve the people problem (getting a good amount of signups?)
>>
>>55068696
Forgot to mention that yes, the site will basically be completely unusable if you try to use it for free. And the only way to get ANY use out of it is to sign up and pay up front.

Other niche dating sites we've investigated have done the exact same thing, and people do fucking go along with it. A surprising amount of them. I would've never thought so either until I saw it for myself. If you carve out a niche, and people are desperate, they will pay for fucking anything.

>>55068722
I'm just one of the programmers, and the person funding the thing is already really well-off and well-connected. Our plan is marketing, marketing, and more marketing since we can afford it. And all the shitty "social media" and "viral marketing" campaigns and shilling you can think of.

In principle, I hate that shit as much as you do, but these days marketing is more important than the product itself.
>>
File: .png (3 MB, 2049x1536) Image search: [Google]
.png
3 MB, 2049x1536
>>55068696
>>55068801
was this you?
>>
>>55068801
Is it libre though?
>>
>>55069687
Nice intellectual property you got there.
>>
>>55069737
:-)
>>
>>55069687
Why is "4chan" scribbled in the middle of it?
>>
>>55069687
That is a sneaky penis
>>
File: me-me.png (81 KB, 267x264) Image search: [Google]
me-me.png
81 KB, 267x264
>>55069687
>>
>>55068562
>website you're working on that's going to be the next big thing
>this is literally how "web devs" think
>>
fruitb.at

it's just pictures of moot mixed with copy/pasted shellcode that i grab from running pyinstaller binaries
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.