[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we hate python again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Python_logo.png (76 KB, 1890x800) Image search: [Google]
Python_logo.png
76 KB, 1890x800
Why do we hate python again?
>>
>>55066455
this website details some pretty good reasons and things that were fixed in python 3
https://wiki.theory.org/YourLanguageSucks#Python_sucks_because
>>
File: HIIP3rV.png (988 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
HIIP3rV.png
988 KB, 1080x1920
because it is easy and popular
and that means shit
>>
>>55066554
>python sucks because
>compares it to another language
How is the first one a problem? Hard time to let go of C I guess?
>>
>>55066938
yeah i actually like the indentation. it makes it easier to read.
>>
Because it's popular
>>
>>55066455
the deal with whitespace is the only thing I don't like about it. other than that it's a decent language.

/g/ hates it because it's easy therefore normies can do it therefore their faggot hobby becomes less impressive.
>>
>>55066455
normie language
>>
Pretty much because it's popular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Ju0eM5T2c

But hey, Donal Knuth agrees. If normies love it there's got to be something wrong with it.
>>
>dynamically-typed
There is no reason at all to use this unless you actually want shit performance.
If you like the syntax, just use Nim, otherwise pick Go, Rust, C, C++, fucking Java, whatever.
>>
>>55067100
Normies trip over themselves after javascript and it's actual garbage.
>>
File: 1456480861340.jpg (12 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
1456480861340.jpg
12 KB, 300x180
>>55066554
>Assembly language isn't on the list
Assembly confirmed for master race.
>>
>>55067262
assembly isnt fast enough and the file sizes are too big
>>
>>55067287
>Not fast enough
Are you kidding, an assembly program can run circles around the same program made in C or whatever.
>>
>>55067287
if your algorithm isn’t shit, assembly is one of the fastest languages you can dream of.
>>
File: ada-smugface.jpg (41 KB, 640x475) Image search: [Google]
ada-smugface.jpg
41 KB, 640x475
>>55066554
>ctrl+f ADA
GOD EMPEROR ADA IS THE GREATEST PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE EVER CONCEIVED
>>
>>55067287
>File sizes are too big
What does that even mean?
>>
>>55067318
Not true at all. Speed differences between C and assembly are slight. Unless your target architecture has some specialized instructions that can't be expressed well in C (atomic test-and-set comes to mind), code written in assembly won't be running circles around a C program. This of course is assuming the code is written competently, which applies to any language including assembly.
>>
>>55067583
Assembly is still the better language
>>
>>55067620
why? if its not that much faster than c and c is much easier to write it in
>>
>>55067669
I find assembly fascinating and fun, plus I like getting under the hood and getting my hands dirty talking to the processor directly.
>>
Python isn't really all that easier than C. You still spend the majority of your time learning libraries and reading docs if you want to actually get anything done.

Ruby is much nicer than python in almost every regard. The only thing I give python over ruby (comparing python to C is dumb) and why I keep going back to python for new projects is the massive *mature* library support. You think of something and at least one *active* python library exists. Ruby libraries with the exception of rails are basically half done artifacts of when ruby was the hip language

If you're complaining about the speed of python you picked the wrong language for the task you're trying to achieve. (and really if you HAVE to you can write the slow bits in C and call it from python)
>>
>>55067689
oh yeah its fun just not always practical
>>
>>55067689
faggot detected
>>
>>55067262

which assembly language?
>>
>>55067699
Just because you're dumb doesn't mean assembly is
>>
>>55067708
/g/ today thinks "assembly" is one language. that's about as deep as the meme goes, and most shitposters on /g/ don't know anything more than memes.
>>
>>55066961
>indentation
>easier to read
newfag, its not about reading the code, its about file size, indentation and white space will increase file size by bytes on bytes if your not careful.
>>
>>55067708
>>55067717
If you must know, it's 6502.
>>
>>55067717
what are some major differences between the different assembly languages?
>>
>plebs talking about assembly
>not just writing machine code by hand
>>
>>55067734
A bunch of really gay autists get triggered easily if you just say assembly rather than specifying the ISA.
>>
>>55067734
every architecture has different syntax describing assembly language which compiles to roughly similar machine code.

you should have learned this in college.
>>
>>55067753
>Implying anyone on /g/ has gone to college
>>
>>55066455
whitespace formatting
virtualenv is shit
having to pass self as the first argument of an instance method
True and False with capital letter
built in functions are shit
syntax is shit in general...
ruby exists...

that's why
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.