[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, whatever happened to Google glasses?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 0.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
Hey, whatever happened to Google glasses?
>>
>>55064960
>Google glasses
Are you retarded or is this a meme now?
>>
>>55064960
fad died so fast
>>
>>55064960
Hispters wanting to wear them in bars and bathrooms. It might as well been called iGlass for the same level of douchebaggery it attracted.
>>
>>55064988
google fucked up hard with the people they selected to send samples
>>
>>55064960
It was a limited run proof of concept that didn't take off due to the technology being too weak and the social implications being too strong for a lot of people to stomach.

Overall I think it went well, I think we'll probably see more AR type stuff if VR makes it to a fourth or fifth generation and HMD tech improves. The increasing amount of cameras in public (quadcopters, police/civilian bodycams, etc.) will probably make people desensitized to being publicly recorded as well, making AR more socially acceptable.
>>
Too soon to properly work, too late to not have people freak out for filming them
>>
People don't like edgelords.

Google Glass was marketed to and for edgelords.
>>
Specs and functionality are fucking shit and you look like a total tool wearing them lmao.
>>
People decided to care about one fifth of their privacy for just long enough to shoot down the idea of a mainstream glasses camera.
>>
>>55065672
People also decided to ignore the millions of cameras recording them from every angle all day long
>>
>>55065688
must be shitty to leave in a country like that (USA ? GB ?)
>>
>>55066277
Any first and second world country.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.