[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What prerequisite knowledge do I need to start the course?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: ceh_logo.jpg (23 KB, 538x354) Image search: [Google]
ceh_logo.jpg
23 KB, 538x354
What prerequisite knowledge do I need to start the course?
>>
Probably some basics about networking

ceh is pretty basic cert itself
>>
Must have the following certs.

> CCNA
> A+
> Security+
> LFSC

Then you can take the CEH.
>>
File: it_guy.png (36 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
it_guy.png
36 KB, 512x512
>>55061446

LFCS*
>>
>>55061446
Thanks bruh. Is there a certain amount of programming/scripting knowledge that I need for any of those courses or are they considered base level?
>>
>>55061353

Network stuff like network topologies,OSI model, TCP/IP, subnetting, DNS, routers and switches, proxies and firewalls, operating systems.
Pentest stuff like footprinting, scanning, exploitation, post exploitation etc.
Just get a book about it
>>
>>55061517

Once you're certified in Linux, you will have enough skills to do bash scripting. That will sustain you alot through the CEH cert.
>>
>>55061353

You WILL need this cert first.

> CISSP
>>
>>55061634
not sure, but isnt cissp wayyy harder than ceh?
>>
File: 00003e0a_big.png (1 MB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
00003e0a_big.png
1 MB, 1000x666
>>55061353
Ohhh so you wanna be another corporate sell out wanna be hacker ?
>>
>>55061851
I want to help non-profits and school districts with their security
>>
>>55061960
You ever tell them places that real hackers don't attend a class on hacking?
See some people are gifted in a way that allows them to do other things most people are not able to do, some people are born to be a math genius others will always need a calculator you have websites like securitytube that will teach some good stuff the stuff like the CISSP is a class that teaches you how to lie to the customers and provide them with a false sense of security that your gonna protect them
>>
>>55061353
>CEH
>How to be a professional script kiddie
>pay us around 3K to teach you how to use tools
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.